Newest shuffle worth it? (SQ focused)
Jan 17, 2009 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a 4G Nano and a 1G Touch and I was wondering what the SQ of the newest (or oldest) shuffles sound like.

I was going to use the HP out with a lod to a Fiio E5 to some IEMs. Any ideas on the SQ? Is the LOD and amp even worth it? Thanks.

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #3 of 16
I have the 1gen shuffle, but headphone jack is working bad, and only 512Mb

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a 4G Nano and a 1G Touch and I was wondering what the SQ of the newest (or oldest) shuffles sound like.

I was going to use the HP out with a lod to a Fiio E5 to some IEMs. Any ideas on the SQ? Is the LOD and amp even worth it? Thanks.

ummmm you do know what an LOD is dont you?? you seem to have one in your sig. an LOD plugs into the dock, not the HP out. yes an LOD+amp is worth it IMO, but I dont know about the E5 as far as I can tell the E5 gives a volume boost and colours the sound a bit but doesnt necessarily improve the SQ unless you have either hard to drive cans (in which case it still wouldnt be enough power) or very sensitive IEM's and you want to avoid hiss.the 4G nano sounds pretty good, so I would get a better amp to actually notice a difference between an already good sounding HP out and the line out.

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ummmm you do know what an LOD is dont you?? you seem to have one in your sig. an LOD plugs into the dock, not the HP out. yes an LOD+amp is worth it IMO, but I dont know about the E5 as far as I can tell the E5 gives a volume boost and colours the sound a bit but doesnt necessarily improve the SQ unless you have either hard to drive cans (in which case it still wouldnt be enough power) or very sensitive IEM's and you want to avoid hiss.the 4G nano sounds pretty good, so I would get a better amp to actually notice a difference between an already good sounding HP out and the line out.

Confused, is the OP talking about using a LOD from shuffle?

Jan 17, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 16
I've been using said poop connected to the line in on my Eclipse HU. Sounds fine but yeah, it is noisy as hell with many IEMs.

My 1G shuffle has a bad HP jack so it looks like it has now become a 1GB thumb drive. RIP. I wish I could fix it.
frown.gif

I tried my ER6(my sleeping IEM) with 2G shuffle and at the super-low volume that I use, the hiss was too much to take.

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is poop, stay away

get a sansa clip instead

QFT

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #12 of 16
I use a 2G shuffle with a FiiO E3 and KSC75s and it's a decent combination for low-noise outdoor situations or when it's handy to have your rig in a shirt pocket (working around the house, etc). All of my files (modern jazz) are AAC 256 kbps (~8 hours on a 1GB shuffle), which improves SQ.

No line out or Apple lossless support from/for the shuffle.

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey does the Shuffle have the lineout for you to use the LOD?
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back