Newcomer to this hobby!
Feb 11, 2020 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vinylhead01

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,
Recently, I wanted to change my old 4 year old urbanears headphone and i started to do some research. I'm not a wealthy person, maximum amount that i can pay is ~250 dollars. I mostly listen to metal , jazz and classic. I liked the Focal Listen Wireless and it's fairly cheaper in my country than other countries. I'm not sure what to chose so I want you nice peoples opinion.

Feb 13, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 4

PaganDL

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi @vinylhead01,

Welcome to headfi, apologies to your wallet in advance...

I can certainly help point you in the right direction as I listen to the same genres as you though I will mention if you're after headphone recommendations, I suggest posting in the Introductions, Help & Recommendations Section as you will get more responses there as this Section is specifically for Headphone Discussions.

Okay to begin, I haven't heard the Focal Listen or any of its variants so can't really help you there but I do know the Focal sound well as I have demo their headphones extensively though I am in no hurry to purchase any myself...

For your budget, I suggest the following in no particular order :

Coolermaster MH 751
Sony 1AM2

Either of the above should suit your needs though if you can, I do recommend demos to make sure your music sounds good to you with these headphones.

Feel free to ask more when you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Feb 28, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 4

metric1

New Head-Fier
Lots and lots of choice at this price point.

For the budget The Philips Fidelio X2HR would be on my shopping list - they're easy to partner/drive and sound excellent. I have a couple of $1000+ headphones but my X2 still gets use and are a very enjoyable listen.

They also scale with gear nicely, in that if you invest in an amp/dac etc., you'll hear the improvement it makes to the headphones. A solid choice in that budget.

Users who are viewing this thread