Newbie searching for an AMP / DAC to pair with my Amiron Home's
May 18, 2018 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

amaicchi

New Head-Fier
Hey there!

I recently bought myself a pair of Amiron Home's only to find out, that my onboard sound isn't capable enough to drive them adequately. I'm originally coming from a pair of DT770 Pro's 250 Ohm's which weren't a problem to drive surprisingly. Now I'm in search of an AMP / DAC combo which pairs well with the sound signature of the Amiron Home's. I'm seeking for a crystal clear and mostly exciting sound, which probably rules out many of the tube options available. My budget is approx. 500€ or 500$ (if I need to have them imported in case I can't find a vendor in europe, because import taxes here are 22%)

I'm currently throwing my eye on one of these combos:
  • JDS Labs The Element
  • Schiit Jotunheim with the balanced DAC module
  • beyerdynamic A20 with Schiit Modi
What do you guys think would pair best with my new cans? Is there any other recommendation within my budget? I'm open for any suggestion!

Thank you very much in advance and sorry if I made some newbie mistakes :)

May 18, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 6
May 19, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you very much @PurpleAngel for your recommendation! Definitely gonna watch into it as well. As to the combo's I've listed, which of these will deliver the best sound according to my preferences? (crystal clear and this oomph factor)

I've never used any of the DAC/amps you have listed, so I would not have a valid opinion on which is truely a better value over the other.
But I do think Audio-GD provides some great bang for the buck DAC/amps.
Audio-GD is carried by a few retailers in Europe, But I it's usually cheaper to buy directly, this way your getting a DAC/amp with the latest updates/improvements.

May 19, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 6
I've never used any of the DAC/amps you have listed, so I would not have a valid opinion on which is truely a better value over the other.
But I do think Audio-GD provides some great bang for the buck DAC/amps.
Audio-GD is carried by a few retailers in Europe, But I it's usually cheaper to buy directly, this way your getting a DAC/amp with the latest updates/improvements.
I just pulled the trigger and bought one from an european vendor based in the Netherlands! After watching and especially reading many reviews, I just couldn't resist but buy it. Thank you very much for letting me know that this AMP/DAC even exists! :) It came out at 395€ with shipping and the 20$ TCXO upgrade, which is roughly the same it'd have cost me to import it.

Thanks again very very much!!

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 6
I just pulled the trigger and bought one from an european vendor based in the Netherlands! After watching and especially reading many reviews, I just couldn't resist but buy it. Thank you very much for letting me know that this AMP/DAC even exists! :) It came out at 395€ with shipping and the 20$ TCXO upgrade, which is roughly the same it'd have cost me to import it.

Thanks again very very much!!
Usually with Audio-GD products sold in europe, the European retailer handles any issues during the first 30 days, with Audio-GD products, after that you would have to ship the unit to Audio-GD in Honk Kong for any waarrenty issues.
But I have bought three unit from Audio-GD and they kepted working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back