Newbie needs help!
Nov 7, 2008 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iLol

New Head-Fier
I need a new DAP (my samsung 1gb stick player just doesn't cut it anymore) and since I've seen many setups that are iPods with a LOD to an amp, I'm assuming there is some advantage with the dreaded iPod. But on other topics I've heard that Sony players have good SQ. What has better SQ, an iPod>LOD>amp, a Sony DAP or a Sony DAP>amp?

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't think there is a general answer to your question, it would depend on the iPod, the amp, the headphones and finally, the Sony! Sorry for the not very useful reply!

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #3 of 4
I would stick my neck out and say that probably, an iPod into a nice amp into some nice cans would sound better than a sony directly into the same cans. But others will 100% disagree.

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Dont take it as a given that you need an amp, they can be benificial but not always, for instance someone said that a Sansa Clip without an amp was indistinguishable from his h120 digital out to portable dac.
I would have no hesitation to recommend 8gb Sansa Clip + suitrably decent headphones - ksc75s pair well with it as do my PK3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back