Newbie! Looking for your personal recommendations in casual listening headphones.
Jun 15, 2015 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nemoon

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm looking for recommendations on headphones for personal Use. I currently have Sony MDR-7520 headphones for studio use as a producer,but am looking for something for on the go use. Any recommendations? Preferably something with a good frequency and dynamic range, decent but not too large soundstage, good fit but light and portable, and noise canceling. I usually use my iPad for music when I'm out so it can't use too much power. What are your personal favorites? Thanks guys! I appreciate any advice you can give.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 5
The most affordable way to go is get a shorter cable for your 7520.

Beyond that I like the Focal Spirit Pro--see:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/two-strike-zone-focal-spirit-professional-and-spirit-classic

You might want to mention your budget for this.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 5
Well, I love the 7520s for studio use because the sound is flawless, but I like a little more bass heaviness in casual use. Plus, the Sonys are pretty large (albeit comfortable) because they are meant more for stationary use and do not fit around neck.

My budget is probably around < $250 but I'm open to any suggestions.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 5
If you absolutely need noise-cancellation, you might have to look at the Bose QC15. Tried them out at a local BestBuy and did not like them for their sound, but their noise cancellation and the fit is pretty amazing stuff. 

Though, I'd recommend getting a used but in excellent condition pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back