1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie, looking for new headphones - Price range $100

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by khatvong, Jul 31, 2010.
  1. khatvong
    Hi all, I'm looking for a new pair of headphones; I prefer closed cans. I have the Sennheiser HD 500 and the Sony V6. The HD 500 sounds warmth but the volume is a bit too low for me even when I turned the volume of my computer or ipod all the way up. On the other hand, I really like the Sony V6 and I've been using it for 3, 4 years until my friend broke the cord last night. I'm looking for something around $100. Comfortable to wear is the must since I'm using them for work; the Sony V6 were really comfortable for me.  Here are some of the headphones I came up from reading the forum.

- Sony XB 700
    - ATH M50
    - Sennheiser HD 555
    - Shure's SCL4 ( not headphones but I saw that they are on sale for $99)

Is there anything else that you guys would recommend? Thanks for spending your time reading my post and helping me. I really appreciate it.

2. wind016
    Basshead- Sony XB 700, Ultrasone HFI 580 (I recommend the 580 over the Sony and the 780)
    Clarity- Sennheiser hd 280 pro(upfront sound, great with acoustic), Audio Technica A700(magical with orchestral music), Audio Technica ES7(one of my favorite sub $100 headphones, thumpy bass, great all rounder), Grado SR60i/80i (the only Grados I would ever recommend), AKGs are always great detailed cans for the price

3. Crowe09

Quote:

Welcome..[​IMG]
    which kinds of music you listen to? 

4. NapalmK
    You could try to recable the V6's.

5. khatvong
    I listen to all kind of music. I think I read somewhere on the forum that the M50 are good all around headphones. I'm still deciding between the M50 and the XB 700.

@NapalmK: I think recable the V6 is way too technical for me.