newbie looking for headphones with an ipod
Nov 3, 2002 at 11:18 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by sillyboi
also... is there anything in between the ex70's and the ety's? i'm looking at a HUGE gap in between the two are there and earphones between those 2?

There's always the ety er6. About $120.

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:56 AM Post #19 of 24
Hmm, that's a tough one. I have to say, all in all, no. I'm just not a fan of the ex70s to begin with, and although the tape mod does improve them a bit, they don't really match the er-6s.

Nov 4, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by sillyboi
also if i buy the ex70sl's would it improve the sound if i got a amp with it? something maybe lke a airhead total amp?

With an iPod? No. The iPod has enough output that you'll not notice the difference if there is one. Though if you are considering buying something as expensive as the Total Airhead, you might as well have gotten the cheaper Etymotics ER6 phones. They will sound great with the iPod, amp or not, and as said, will be noticeably better than the EX70s.
Though if you're asking about this because you've got a nagging anxiety over your purchase, don't. Be happy with what you are getting, it's more than you had.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #21 of 24
hrm... okay i guess i won't get an amp... but the main concern is the difference between the ex70 and the er-6's... so are the er-6's really worth 3 times the price of an ex70(modified)? or should i take it slowly and not just right into professional earbuds? =)

Nov 4, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #22 of 24
It's really up to you. The worst part is, once you know something better is on the horizon, you really start wondering.
biggrin.gif
I'm really happy with the route I chose for my "forage" into headphones. I went straight in with HD580s, and I haven't regreted it.

Nov 4, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #23 of 24
hrm... but the thing with the er-6 that draws me back.... is that the earpieces i hear wear down after substantial amount of use... and i also live in canada, i've phone around all over town to the good stereo shops and the closest dealer of ety's was like 5000000 miles away hehe... but what is the time span of those lil earplugs anyways for the er-6's?

Nov 4, 2002 at 6:57 AM Post #24 of 24
well i just ordered the white ex70sl's i don't think i will go with the ety's since i am kinda a care-free person and i don't want to damage a 120USD dollar earphone hehe thanks for all your replies!!! i will definitely try the mod when i have breaked in the earphones! thanks all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back