Newbie K1000 DAC Question
Nov 15, 2008 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pinna-inna

New Head-Fier
Hi guys - great forum you've got here. I've been lurking and skulking around for about a year now, during which time I've managed to acquire myself a pair of K1000's. I'm very happy with them, but mean to be happier still. At the moment they're running off a moldy old Cambridge audio setup (CD5 & A3000). I've suddenly decided life's too short for denial, so I'm going to buy a woo wa5 (with all upgrades, and western electric 300b's), and the stefan audio cable. I plan to use my computer as a source, and have been investigating possible DAC's. My mind now vacillates between the grace m902, and the benchmark dac1 usb (or perhaps pre, covering any future source changes)
I was just hoping for some advice, that might help me choose between the 2 dac's. I'm sure they'll both be great, but I'm concerned about their ability to synergise with a mac - did I read somewhere that the grace had some issues here?
Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

As an afterthought - maybe you guys could suggest a better dac, for around the same price.

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Which price range are we talking about? Not familiar with the two mentioned DAC's, but may have some other recommendations...

Nov 16, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm willing to spend up to £1000 on a DAC (yes i'm in the uk, and dreading the import tax on the woo wa5!). That headroom dac sounds interesting (do you have an idea of the cost?), but I don't think I can wait that long!

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 6
Do you think the set up I have in mind is the ultimate for the K1000? (for approximately the price I have in mind, which is approximately $6000). I know I want tubes, that's for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back