Newbie Advice
Jun 25, 2020 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BlueDesk

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a new pair of closed back, wired headphones.
I've been doing my research, but I keep seeing contradicting opinions and I'm kinda lost.
I'm looking for and everyday pair that I can use for music and games. I'm looking to spend less than $300 USD and as I said above, I want closed back and wired. My previous pair were Bose quietcomfort 25's, but the ear pads are shot and I've noticed the sound quality decline over the years. I know Bose is frowned on here except for their noise cancelling ability, so I should probably note that I'm not tethered to the brand and I don't need noise cancelling.

Really appreciate any advice!

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Contradictory opinions are inevitable with headphones since actual hearing perception and experience is extremely individual, while notions of sound quality are themselves more or less subjective.

Assuming you want portable device friendly headphones- I like Audio Technica MSR7b. Sony 1AM2 and h.Ear on (if you can find the wired version) didn't seem bad when I tried them.

Not familiar with these myself but seem popular for this category/pricerange: Meze 99 and Neo, AKG K371, 361.
]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back