Newbie about to take a quantum leap...
Sep 29, 2002 at 7:05 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Kelly, where'd you find the Ultrasone cans?

Meier (thus the price and hyperlink). I don't have the DT250-80 for direct comparison but I think the Ultrasone is better than my memory of the DT250-80. Dougli got his before I did and has posted a review in the Headphone section over at HeadWize (and he may have cross-posted it here as well?).

Sep 29, 2002 at 7:20 AM Post #17 of 22
The W100 headband is nice; the headphones themselves are very nice and comfy warm... the word 'cushy' comes to mind. But they are a bit warm for extended listening - whilst I was loaning them from PianoBlack, I had to take them off every once in a while to let my ears cool off so they wouldn't sweat. The W100s match up very well with the MG Head (but NOT in OTL mode) and the ETA42 (I don't have a META42 with a 1/4" output jack); although with both there is a softness in the lower mids that I found unacceptable for choral music.

Sep 29, 2002 at 8:05 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Meier (thus the price and hyperlink). I don't have the DT250-80 for direct comparison but I think the Ultrasone is better than my memory of the DT250-80. Dougli got his before I did and has posted a review in the Headphone section over at HeadWize (and he may have cross-posted it here as well?).

Ah, you actually bought a pair! Cool, I'm anxious to hear a pair myself
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #19 of 22
So, Kelly, can we expect another detailed review of hfi-650? We are short on those, you know.

edit: I just saw your input on Headwize. It was VERY helpful. Thanx.

Sep 30, 2002 at 7:51 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by miroslav
So, Kelly, can we expect another detailed review of hfi-650? We are short on those, you know.

I liked dougli's review a lot--I'll post something more detailed after I've had some time with them, but it wouldn't be all that soon. Obviously I like them, for whatever that's worth.

Oct 1, 2002 at 1:12 PM Post #21 of 22
Well, I won a set of the W100's off of Ebay (1000 hrs of use, I should probably get the leather w2002 pads
smily_headphones1.gif
) for 200 bucks. So I definitely saved cash by going that route, but the aural experience I hope is up to par. I'm not going with the HFI-650's YET because of the supposed comfort issue (I have a pretty large head) and not with the CD3k's because I probably need a nice, mellow amp to smooth them out first (i.e. something better than my fixup Mini-Meta which hasn't gotten here yet). So thanks (even though my wallet is cursing you all) for the tips guys - it's been a crazy few days of research, but I think I'm on my way to audio bliss.

Unless one of you thinks otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back