Jul 27, 2010 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BudMan021

New Head-Fier
Im looking for a new set of cans. Heres what im looking for
1. Under 200
2. On ear or Over Ear
3.Portable
4. For Ipod Use
5. I like low deep bass and a lot of voice and high highs.
Im using them for a plane ride im taking 6hr trip.
Im looking at the Ath-wes9 for 200 from beach camera. Although i read on here that someone thinks they may have got some fakes from here. Anyone confirm this? Or I was looking at ath-es7 & anc-7b for 115.. I have heard that the audio technicas need to be broken in for atleast 40hrs. Can i get some input or pointed in the right direction thanks.

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 8
I kinda want to recommend the Ortofon O-one as they do suit your needs.  It has deep bass and weight and resonance, and sparkling highs (a bit aggressive and slighly fatiguing - cymbals hurt), but my review and burn in (to see if it makes a difference) is currently in process.  If you're interested, if you give me by Sunday I can have review (if I don't get distracted).

But, other than that,  Shure 840s are a nice balanced Headphone, I would recommend the phiaton MS400 for their incredible low bass, but highs are a bit lacking.  But, if you don't mind non-foldable headphones, A700 is quite nice.

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks i looked into some of those brands,but Im a firm believer you get what you pay for. And the at -wes9 retail for 450, so at 200 its a steal and those headphones your listed retailed for right around 200. Basically more bang for my buck.

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #7 of 8
V-Moda Crossfade, JVC, Phiaton, Ultrasone and B&W.........

Jul 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks looked into some of those brands i liked the v-moda crossfades, and the dt 990. So between the 3 (at-esw9, crossfades, and dt 990) Can i get some opinions good and bad. THanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back