Newb needs help on gaming+music closed over ear headphone with larger ear cups than Aurvana
Oct 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheUnknown

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

Terrific community here. Been reading up on here but still need some recommendations on a good, comfortable, closed, and over-the-ear headphone. I  purchased the Creative Aurvana headphones two days ago and though they sound great to me, the ear cups are just too small for my ears. This makes them an on-the-ear rather than an over-the-ear. Unfortunately, this detracts from the comfort for me.

I listen to music of all types during the day and sometimes play FPS games at night when my family is asleep. I need closed headphones as I am playing in a loft with open bedrooms (kids) right by the computer, so don't want to disturb them. I also work from home so want to drown out some of the noise of people in the house during the day.

I have read through the The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound) and Mad Lust Envy's Gaming Headphone Guide topics, but most of them are open headphones.

Can anyone recommend a good closed comfortable headphone that has a good soundstage/quality for FPS games and music under $200?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back