New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
May 27, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #497 of 1,355
What vu level do you set when listening to these testings? I can hear obvious clippings with 2604 compared to 2134. My vu is set at 6 oclock with monks. Seems lme 49720 is nice to try.
Keep in mind that this a $30 DAP and they aren't necessarily using the best parts. There wsa some inconsistency with the Walnut DAP's of which I have 3. I thought the first Walnut i got was great, until i got my recent two and found that my original was significantly quieter (meaning it wouldn't get as loud). Perhaps yours has issues or maybe all of them distort and I just can't hear it on mine. I will tell you this, every opamp with the exception of the 5532 variants the 2604 and 2134 were quiet on the Walnut the rest all made idle noise which was highly irritating. The Z1 has been quiet for me with every opamp I have put in it.

May 27, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #499 of 1,355
Yes I saw that you mentioned Monk + sorry about that. I believe that they are 32Ohms. I could be that at the volume that you play the Z1 at is distorting the Monks. Do you have anything else to try?
I don't have any other to try. You are right maybe at that pot setting the monk is distorted. I see you used zs3 as one of your tester. I probably need to upgrade to another iem, off to the audio shop then.

May 27, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #500 of 1,355
May 27, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #502 of 1,355
I don't have any other to try. You are right maybe at that pot setting the monk is distorted. I see you used zs3 as one of your tester. I probably need to upgrade to another iem, off to the audio shop then.
If you like earbuds look at the TY Hi Z 32 or the 32S. They are excellent I love my TY32 and have the 32s on the way.

May 28, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #503 of 1,355
Glad I checked this thread as I was going to grab a second hand V2s locally. I am really torn apart to which of the two would be a wiser/better buy.

I wish somebody could make a table comparison of the two, including their DAC capability.

I have a shortlist of amps
- Bluebird u3.6
- Bluebird 6+
- Walnut V2s
- Zishan Z1
- Auglar gr-1

but V2s and Z1 tops, gr-1 next, and sadly those BBs cant contest since no healthy discussion could be found.

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #505 of 1,355
WOW. The V2S just came out and it's already available second hand locally? You must live in China or the person who disliked it opened the box and immediately decided to sell it.

I'm from Philippines and we have active group and sellers here. The user that ends up selling his V2s says he is not satisfied with the raw-sounding of the V2s, thus, decided to sell his 3-day old.

Its just that, Z1 vs V2s is not yet common around. They're still in the walnut era. lol Pity me as I am nautical miles away from the group that meets almost weekly.

UPDATE:
V2s' srp here is about $34-40 shipped. He sells it for around 28, and as of this edit, dropped to 26. Very tempting. Should I wait for Z1's side?

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #507 of 1,355
I'm from Philippines and we have active group and sellers here. The user that ends up selling his V2s says he is not satisfied with the raw-sounding of the V2s, thus, decided to sell his 3-day old.

Its just that, Z1 vs V2s is not yet common around. They're still in the walnut era. lol Pity me as I am nautical miles away from the group that meets almost weekly.

UPDATE:
V2s' srp here is about $34-40 shipped. He sells it for around 28, and as of this edit, dropped to 26. Very tempting. Should I wait for Z1's side?
Z1 and v2s are already scattered all around, they sell like hotcakes because they're cheap but good sounding. You can audition and see for yourself which is which.

May 29, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #508 of 1,355
Z1 and v2s are already scattered all around, they sell like hotcakes because they're cheap but good sounding. You can audition and see for yourself which is which.

romski said:
Pity me as I am nautical miles away from the group that meets almost weekly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back