1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by musicday, Apr 15, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. actorlife
    Musicday get on with the overview already we know you got it already. [​IMG]

2. musicday
    Is not with me unfortunately,but it has arrived in London. Last message : 19.04.2017 Security check success.
    Hopefully Monday i will get it and try it out.

3. LaughMoreDaily
    True, my order was done by Aliexpress Shipping, so should I give CKLewis another chance? I just find it really weird how two orders went missing in a short amount of time while no other sellers gave me that problem.

4. flamesofarctica

Id personally judge it based on the tracking...did it clearly leave CKLewis and move on elsewhere.

If it did, then there's no way they could really have done anything, so they'd be no worse an option than any other seller who use that same shipping method.

At least it's all tracked, and as it's AliExpress shipping then if anything doesn't come, filing a claim should be easy. Whereas for example China Post only seems to track within China, so would be harder to prove it didn't arrive. I always try to use AliExpress, Singapore Post or EPacket, as the tracking (to UK anyway) is door to door and signed for (I even get a text message from the Post Office the day it's due to arrive :-D)

5. LaughMoreDaily
    Does Aliexpress act differently in a more skeptical manner if they didn't ship the product and it doesn't arrive or is it the same across the board? Maybe some people lose money legitimately because the package doesn't show up, but if everyone shipped to Aliexpress, would everyone be safe and have nothing to worry about?

6. flamesofarctica
    I dunno but I'm always happier if something's fully tracked just in case. I've been lucky (famous last words) so far & never needed to file a claim

7. LaughMoreDaily
    It's not really possible to track something outside of China unless it's like E-Packet or something. I've filed three claims in the last week. One seller fought tooth and nail till the bitter end. I don't know who is at fault, but I never received my headphones.

8. steve813
    So after all which is better ? V2 or z1 ? I know that walnut will launch their v2s within 2 weeks so let see anyway..

9. Frederick Wang
    Played on Macbook, but as I understand it, through USB DAC mode it is the Z1 doing the decoding work. 
    As for the technical aspect, I'm afraid I'm in no position to give any advice... 

10. LaughMoreDaily
    Z1 as of right now. However, no one has said anything about the sound quality yet compared to v2. The v2 is already out, do you mean the v2.2 or the Walnut v3? 

11. steve813

Yeah, not the v3 , I think we won't be seeing it until August though.

12. wladoz
    Android 7 usb dac capability???

13. peter123

Unfortunately, there's no universal standard for Android and DAC compatibility. It's a hit and miss but fwiw my Z1 shouldn't be far away and I'll definitely give it a try with my Samsung S8 when it arrives.

14. LaughMoreDaily

It's always possible that we won't even see a v3. Has the v2 even made them enough money to go that far or it still a niche product? It's possible the changes to v2.2 were done in their mind to make the product better, however, a lot of Headfi members minds, it was a bad idea. So they apparently changed back. They might still be in the development phase and that could last many months for, or not...

15. steve813
    From what I've heard in the Chinese chat group , theh will be launching the v2 plus , which should be an upgrade version of the current v2, and pretty sure it exist and will be seeing it before June.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last