New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Jun 7, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #707 of 1,355
Cool! Maybe he'll see what's going on here and get himself a Z1 and see what he can do! Here is a picture of the tilt required. You get the picture. You might be able to shave off a 1/3mm from the board to get more room. Best if the opamp could be set askew to the left a mm or 2 because there's room to left (just in case Sparkos shows up).
Can you still put on the cover of z1 without shorting the sparkos to the z1 cover?

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #709 of 1,355
Just saw your pic. Looks like they are already trimmed down.
Depending on how hard it would be...there could be room in between the the two boards that could be utilized, 1/2 to 1mm. It might be just enough to close the lid. Also underneath the bottom board, if maximized, save another 1/2 mm. I mean, really it, it would be that close to closing the lid. I wouldn't be surprised if just by building tolerances, he has one that would fit perfectly since these are probably not mass produced.
Can you still put on the cover of z1 without shorting the sparkos to the z1 cover?
Just almost...but no.

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #710 of 1,355
Could you please check if you can close the cover with Muses02 placed on the support table? The legs of muses are so fragile I don't want to risk damaging them so I thought it would be a good idea to use the table but will it fit the Z1?

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #713 of 1,355
Could you please check if you can close the cover with Muses02 placed on the support table? The legs of muses are so fragile I don't want to risk damaging them so I thought it would be a good idea to use the table but will it fit the Z1?
Yes, all of the Opamps that are shaped like the Muses02 will easily fit in the Z1 with an added Dip8 socket attatched to it.

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #714 of 1,355
dac.jpg
Actually tested using the iphone 7 plus + CCK + Z1 as the DAC!! it works!!!!

Jun 7, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #716 of 1,355
For the moment the LME49720HA. It's a very seductive and satisfying sound.

It was a one-off seller. But it would be easy enough to prepare an LME49720HA to fit. Here's a pic:

s-l1600.jpg
That, looks like an eight legged silver beetle, heehee, now you just made me have to try this little bugger!

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #718 of 1,355
So is all you need a screwdriver, pincers, soldering iron, tn and some e^-'s Nothing else? Looking at the Lme49720ha. No tutorial video necessary or analytical instruments? Precautions?
precision screwdrivers, ic puller or use the flat precision screwdriver to carefully remove the ic from its socket. For the 49720ha this is a different packaging from the normal dip package. you have to match the pinouts of each pin with the dip package. Check the datasheet from google and you will see. Make sure you don't insert it wrongly.

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #719 of 1,355
So is all you need a screwdriver, pincers, soldering iron, tn and some e^-'s Nothing else? Looking at the Lme49720ha. No tutorial video necessary or analytical instruments? Precautions?

Not even a soldering iron unless you want to solder it onto a dip8 adaptor (would make inserting it into the socket even easier), since the socket on the Z1 is just a plug and play socket - no soldering involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back