New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #436 of 529
I have those. Nice ones, need EQ though, unless you hate highs.
If they are still under warranty you should contact them, I had a good impression of their service.
But we may want to continue this talk in PM.

May 24, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #437 of 529
  Hi Guys, I know this is slightly off topic but I am coming to live/study in Auckland for at least two years on 2017 and I would like to start making some contact, hang up, show each other our gears (I have a huge collection of Bluetooth Headphones, some bought, some received as free Test Units for the epic comparison which I am preparing, more than 100 Bluetooth Headphones, I think it may be near the 120 maybe, nearly all model on earth but the very cheap irrelevant ones).
And, well, maybe some tips about this or that.

Anybody here living in Auckland?

I am in Auckland :) Also keen on meetups with other enthusiasts.

Funnily enough, the BT doesn't work on the one pair of BT headphones I own (House of Marley Liberate XLBT) so I can only use them as corded.

If I gave guys heaps of time. I have a large house that I could have a meet at. I should be able to accommodate about 10-12 members rigs plus my own. 

Would there be interest?

Members would have to bring their gear. I would arrange table space and power.

May 24, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #438 of 529
Sounds good to me.
Would that be in Auckland? I suppose I can travel to other cities in the weekends, but in the week it may be difficult, studying and working...

May 24, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #439 of 529

If I gave guys heaps of time. I have a large house that I could have a meet at. I should be able to accommodate about 10-12 members rigs plus my own. 

Would there be interest?

Members would have to bring their gear. I would arrange table space and power.

I would definitely be interested. I have a pretty modest collection of gear compared to many members but happy to bring it along.

May 24, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #440 of 529
  Sounds good to me.
Would that be in Auckland? I suppose I can travel to other cities in the weekends, but in the week it may be difficult, studying and working...

Yes. Auckland. Takanini area.
I would do it on a Sunday.
Saturday is booked out with kids sports.
wink.gif

May 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #442 of 529
Let me look at dates. I will confirm probably tomorrow. I will set it about 4 weeks out to let members get organized.

I might make it that we have to bring gear. So we don't just have members just show up with nothing. More a meet. Not a show. However I will have a think and confirm.

May 24, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #443 of 529
You seem to have overlooked the detail about me coming on 2017.
But you guys just go on, there plenty of time to make more meetings when I am there.
As said, I'll stay at least two years.
If anybody is willing to help me with some tips about the most clever ways to find a decent and cheap accommodation in Auckland, a PM is welcome.
Studying at the Unitec for a foreigner means 21000 NZD each year. Add apartment (or room) and food etc, and you know why I am panicking.
It's basically the savings of a life plus all what I'll gain there.
But I'll rather not eat than sell my Headphones :)

May 24, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #444 of 529
Okay. I've had a think.

PM me if you are interested in a meet. Must bring gear. If I get 6 or more I will organize it for 4 weeks out. So everyone has time to prepare.

I will have my rig seen here:

I'm fairly sure I get Tony along with this rig also:

May 24, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #445 of 529
And I can attest that the rig in question sounds gob-smackingly good :)
beerchug.gif

Wish I wasn't so far away Badas. Next time we have a National Meet - definitely.

May 24, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #446 of 529
Yeah I am in.  I will bring the good old LCD-X and V200 amp and Metrum Musette DAC and some music of course.

May 24, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #447 of 529
  Yeah I am in.  I will bring the good old LCD-X and V200 amp and Metrum Musette DAC and some music of course.

Okay. 4 more members. I will contact Tony. That should reduce it to 3 more members.
gs1000.gif

May 25, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #448 of 529
Wow some really nice gear guys, my stuff is very much low end/entry level but I'll bring along, no pics as am at work but can post some later.

AKG K7XX
Onkyo FC300
Aiaiai TMA-2 Young Guru edition
Takstar Pro 80
Focal Spirit Professional
Sennheiser HD555 (w/ 595 mod)

Denon DA-300USB DAC/amp
JDS Labs O2+ODAC RevA combo

May 25, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #449 of 529

Hi Guys, I know this is slightly off topic but I am coming to live/study in Auckland for at least two years on 2017 and I would like to start making some contact, hang up, show each other our gears (I have a huge collection of Bluetooth Headphones, some bought, some received as free Test Units for the epic comparison which I am preparing, more than 100 Bluetooth Headphones, I think it may be near the 120 maybe, nearly all model on earth but the very cheap irrelevant ones).
And, well, maybe some tips about this or that.

Anybody here living in Auckland?

I'm in Auckland 
biggrin.gif
 Won't be able to attend the meet if it is due anytime soon, but might be able to bring my cans, amp and turntable if you guys decided to have the meet a month from now.

May 25, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #450 of 529
I'm in Auckland :D  Won't be able to attend the meet if it is due anytime soon, but might be able to bring my cans, amp and turntable if you guys decided to have the meet a month from now.

That's when we are looking at doing it. A month from now. If you decide to come then I just need two more.

I have one other member who has confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back