New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #181 of 529

Mine never shuts up. Whimpering noise is normal isn't it.
tongue.gif

After the outlays for the Taks + Glenn amp, mine is a smelly decapitated corpse on the floor with its entrails hanging out.

Good news is that the Taks in the WA5 now have over 400 hours on them and they are SINGING. Never heard my WA5 sound better. These are magic tubes, but they were a little uneven earlier in the burn in. Settled down now and they are sounding sweet. I should have close to 500 hours on them before the meet.

Vega -> WA5 -> modded HD800. Will redo my HE6 fuzzor this weekend and see how that pairs - if it works will bring that too. Also the 430HA.

I'll be very interested in finding out what other folks think of the Tak + TS RP tube rig at the meet.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #182 of 529
It has been quite a while now that I believed I've reached my 'end-game' as I am extraordinarily happy with the 'sound character' (not necessarily sound quality) of my main system (Benchmark DAC1 -> HDVA 600 -> HD800). Hope this meet won't ruin that 
tongue.gif
 ​

Pretty certain I will hear something I like better though, and the journey begins again...

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #183 of 529

Yes, I think it is normal.

I knew there was a reason I got the Pandora Hope VI, closed cans help filter out the wallets sobbing better.

L3000.gif

After the outlays for the Taks + Glenn amp, mine is a smelly decapitated corpse on the floor with its entrails hanging out.

Good news is that the Taks in the WA5 now have over 400 hours on them and they are SINGING. Never heard my WA5 sound better. These are magic tubes, but they were a little uneven earlier in the burn in. Settled down now and they are sounding sweet. I should have close to 500 hours on them before the meet.

Vega -> WA5 -> modded HD800. Will redo my HE6 fuzzor this weekend and see how that pairs - if it works will bring that too. Also the 430HA.

I'll be very interested in finding out what other folks think of the Tak + TS RP tube rig at the meet.

Taks plus Tung-Sol Round Plates (My favorite Driver)

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #185 of 529

Pretty certain I will hear something I like better though, and the journey begins again...

The fine line between hobby and obsession is knowing when to stop.

I probably should have stopped at Taurus + WA5, but went that next step to 430HA and Glenn 300B amp. I think that puts me into the "obsessed" camp.

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #187 of 529
Will tickets be available at the door? And if I am displaying my gear, are tables and chairs provided?

There will be door sales, yes.

Tables and chairs are provided by the venue.

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #188 of 529
I'll be bringing my own extension chord and power distribution board.

Suggest other folks bringing demo gear do the same (unless someone can tell me that they will be provided).

Aug 19, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #189 of 529
I'll be bringing my own extension chord and power distribution board.

Suggest other folks bringing demo gear do the same (unless someone can tell me that they will be provided).

Yes, please do bring your own power boards and extension cords.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #190 of 529
I was going to bring my APC 1500 rackmount so there will be at least enough nice clean power for say 5-10 tables depending on how many pc's people have if they want to connect to that? I'll prob have an APC 600 too.

I'll make sure I bring some long cables and some duck-tape for the floor to avoid any trip hazards too.

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #191 of 529
I was going to bring my APC 1500 rackmount so there will be at least enough nice clean power for say 5-10 tables depending on how many pc's people have if they want to connect to that? I'll prob have an APC 600 too.

I'll make sure I bring some long cables and some duck-tape for the floor to avoid any trip hazards too.

That sounds good.

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #193 of 529

All you need is the handcuffs and chloroform to complete the set.

I've already got a bag full of cable ties, I think its just a belt that's needed to complete the set???? oh dear not sure I like where this is heading. If I remember last time it was a bit of a sausage fest with not a women in sight. Maybe its best otherwise our careful plans to stash the odd bit of audio gear around the house would be exposed when then saw everything in one place.... :)

Aug 20, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #194 of 529
I've already got a bag full of cable ties, I think its just a belt that's needed to complete the set???? oh dear not sure I like where this is heading. If I remember last time it was a bit of a sausage fest with not a women in sight. Maybe its best otherwise our careful plans to stash the odd bit of audio gear around the house would be exposed when then saw everything in one place.... :)

Good grief. This all sounds terribly dodgy!

Gutted I'm going to miss all the sounds. Always hunting for something better! But off to NY so hoping iIcan pop into BHPhotoVideo and play with some stuff there! Need something aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back