New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #167 of 529
...and ZMF, of course!

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #168 of 529
Hey hey. I'm going to have to drop from the meet now. The powers that be at work have me heading overseas the weekend of the meet, so I'm going to miss out on all the lovely sounds :frowning2:
Fortunately Mr Gallon has kindly agreed to take most of my cans off my hands while I'm gone, so most of my toys will still be there, just not the amps, dacs etc.Should still be enough to play with though. 
Will need to try my luck again next time!

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #169 of 529
Hey hey. I'm going to have to drop from the meet now. The powers that be at work have me heading overseas the weekend of the meet, so I'm going to miss out on all the lovely sounds :frowning2:
Fortunately Mr Gallon has kindly agreed to take most of my cans off my hands while I'm gone, so most of my toys will still be there, just not the amps, dacs etc.Should still be enough to play with though. 
Will need to try my luck again next time!

No way! :frowning2:

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #170 of 529
At least there are 2 small positives to come out of you going to NY, 1. My collection of stuff won't look so mid-fi and 2. You might get to buy some Grado's from their home town.

Such a pain after the long wait for another show... Like I said we'll light a candle or something for you on the day.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #172 of 529
Now if we could get the new Ether C I would be in heaven!

I will ask Dan, but given its a couple of months from production readiness I think it unlikely.

Not to worry, I'll have it at next year's meet :)

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #173 of 529
Wow almost missed this if I hadn't stumbled upon the Reddit thread! :D 

Will definitely come along again this year though I think this year I will just be a listener instead of bringing all my gear as it hasn't really changed from last year.

Good timing too since I am in the market for a new closed office headphone and I see the Shure 1540s, Beyerdynamic T5p on the gear list!

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #174 of 529
Wow almost missed this if I hadn't stumbled upon the Reddit thread! :D 

Will definitely come along again this year though I think this year I will just be a listener instead of bringing all my gear as it hasn't really changed from last year.

Good timing too since I am in the market for a new closed office headphone and I see the Shure 1540s, Beyerdynamic T5p on the gear list!

If you're after closed cans the ZMF range is now coming too, and I should have the Final Audio Pandora Hope VI in time for the meet too.

Update: Definitely looks like the Hope VI will be here on time. People after closed cans should give this one serious consideration.

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #175 of 529
If you're after closed cans the ZMF range is now coming too, and I should have the Final Audio Pandora Hope VI in time for the meet too.

Update: Definitely looks like the Hope VI will be here on time. People after closed cans should give this one serious consideration.

Oh wow,those were another pair I was really keen to try!

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #176 of 529
After a little mini meet with SheepismHelmetGuy and designmind this weekend (thanks to designmind again for hosting I had a great day) I'm keen to listen to a few more little portable DAC's, I was impressed with the flexibility of an E18 and being able to directly compare it to my DacMagic I wonder how the Creative E5 sounds, anyone bringing an E5 to the meet?

I've got some final tweaking to do on the restored Pioneer SA7100 in the next few weeks and I still need to find something to cover the SX780 as its looking unloved in the veneer department - maybe a table cloth would help :)

Feeling pumped about the meet! :)

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #177 of 529
Not long now.

I can't wait to listen to Tony's WA5 with Tak tubes.
popcorn.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #178 of 529
Not long now.

I can't wait to listen to Tony's WA5 with Tak tubes. :popcorn:

Me too! I loved the WA5 I listened to in Melbourne earlier this year (it was the full-spec one from Woo, but his may well sound even better!).

(if you're wondering what that whimpering noise is in the background, that's my wallet crying)

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #179 of 529
Me too! I loved the WA5 I listened to in Melbourne earlier this year (it was the full-spec one from Woo, but his may well sound even better!).

(if you're wondering what that whimpering noise is in the background, that's my wallet crying)

Mine never shuts up. Whimpering noise is normal isn't it.
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #180 of 529

Mine never shuts up. Whimpering noise is normal isn't it.
tongue.gif

Yes, I think it is normal.

I knew there was a reason I got the Pandora Hope VI, closed cans help filter out the wallets sobbing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back