NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Nymphonomaniac, Dec 14, 2017.
?

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

1. Dual hifi DAC

2. More internal memory

3. changeable battery

4. more DAC filter for soundsignature

5. changeable amps

6. android touchscreen

7. wifi & bluetooth

8. USB DAC

9. radio

10. xlr balanced output

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Page 8 of 22
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. VinceHill24
    I got the xduoo x20 for few days now but because i'm not really experience with DAP so i'll just share some of my thoughts.

First of all interface is really smooth. Totally no lag even when i play .cue files or dsd files there just isn't significant lag or cut unlike the M1s (aune) which i've been using. Gapless works just fine.

Secondly, the xduoo x20 is equally if not more powerful than the m1s although i don't find the difference between both the single ended and balanced output to be vastly different. On m1s it is quite the case where i find balance to be more powerful to drive my iem to same volume level as compared to its normal output (about 10 clicks or more) whereas on x20 it seems to be not much different at all with just 1 or 2 clicks max of volume between balanced and normal output (both on high gain) At the moment still don't find the balance output to be very significantly different in sound quality than normal 3.5mm output.

Thirdly sound quality wise, i was quite surprised that despite both housing the same DAC chip, their sound can be vastly different. The xduoo sounds more on the warm and inviting side that's very musical and gives a very immersive listening whereas m1s has a much more transparent and dark background which i find to present music much more accurately without added colours. Tho it's just early impression but i'd definitely give a plus in SQ for m1s than x20 but i can see myself enjoying x20 from time to time probably more often too because it just makes music more magical and enjoyable. Not to mention it has almost all the function that makes it much more portable especially the bluetooth aptx and hiby link.

Before going to fourth, it's just my personal experience but with same iem (some diy custom BA iem from taobao), same cable, x20 tends to present some sibilance and being more sharp on certain tracks whereas m1s doesn't. Not very significant but notable. Probably just an isolated ones on this particular iem. Haven't got the time to try with other iems coz it's a busy start of year, barely have any real time.

4th point. Built and quality. X20 appears to be more better in external built. More compact if not slightly heavier on the x20. All the buttons are firmly embedded whereas on m1s there's some looseness in buttons especially when you shake the device, you can hear it. However, there's something very significant on the x20, there's this faint constant background clicking sound during playback of music and it'll cut sometime after the end of playback or during long pause. I've read somewhere that it's the relay sound of the circuitry and it's supposed to be normal but i'm not too sure about it since m1s doesn't have that so in circuit design i guess aune did a much better job.

Lastly, i really can't unzip the firmware files downloaded from xduoo site. Not sure why maybe it's OS problem or what i dunno. Curious to know what the firmware 1.1 changes, anything significant ?

That's about all i can share. Hope it's helpful coz it's my first time writing about DAPs, i don't really play with DAPs a lot. My personal take is x20 when i wanna enjoy music, more fun and casual, on-the-go. M1s when i wanna do some serious listening, for A/B comparison of iem.

Nymphonomaniac, jaxz, hqssui and 3 others like this.
  2. bsoplinger
    Someone else was having trouble with the firmware also. So I downloaded and unrar'd it and it looked fine. Tossed it on my cloud and shared it with him. I know it works because I saw that he posted here it was good. I don't have a X20 to verify.

So if you're willing to trust an unknown source, here's a link to my cloud copy of the download. 2 files, the update and a text file explaining how to do the update. (Which is just copy the update file to root, start the player and choose upgrade / update from the settings menu)

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZHqwH7ZXHjdOQbGL00MV6tNOyn86zGHdwt7

I'll let the files there for a few days before I delete them. Once I do hopefully I'll remember to come back here and edit the post to strike through the link to show its dead.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    kalo86 and jaxz like this.
  3. VinceHill24
    Thanks a lot man. It helps !

4. Nymphonomaniac
    Thanks alot for sharing impressions, it help expectations. Should receive mine in some days so will share more here too...

But what did you mean X20 have more musicality ? Did it sound more impactfull and have better vocal than M1S? Really curious about dynamic range as well and difference between gain mode.

About Balanced out, just have one device that got both output (Fiio Q1 MK2) and I feel even if subtle difference are quite audible, especially with dynamic impact, instrument separation and air between instrument, just feel more articulate, not every IEM benifit from it tough.

And I Have to a very good DAP using dual ES9018K (ibasso DX90) and how you fastly describe M1S timbre remind me of his ultra clear-clean detailed and airy soundsignature, but it is so sharp if can be too much for bright IEM.

LAst question, did you try USB DAC mode? And is there sound filer option with X20??

fluteloop likes this.
  5. fluteloop
    keen on the x20 myself (insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme)

6. jaxz
    @Nymphonomaniac 2 filter settings; Sharp decay and Slow decay.

I think it's a very decent DAP with good sound, build quality and features. I really like the dedicated lineout in DAPs, it's a hassle to switch between outputs via software. I find no audible improvement on balanced out compared to SE...

IMG_20180127_150909703.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    scotvl and Nymphonomaniac like this.
  7. seanwee
    I have a xduoo X10 that has degraded SQ wise. Russians point towards the battery as the culprit.

Any clue as to where i can get a replacement bettery?

8. Saltdiscus
    Now on massdrop.

9. bsoplinger
    Battery or player?

10. Saltdiscus
    Player for 200

bsoplinger likes this.
  11. gazzington
    I’m thinking of getting a xduoo dap but unsure which to go for. Sound quality is the most important aspect for me, and not too worried about cost. Which xduoo player is the one to go for now as there are quite a few!

12. seanwee
    Initially, i would recommend the X10 as it could trade blows with the Opus #1.

Now, not so much. The sound has been degrading over time for me. Now it even loses to the Cayin N3.

Haven't tried the X20 tho.

13. Ab10
    Ferdi91 likes this.
  14. Ferdi91
    Hi guys, hope you're ok!
    Very interested in xDuoo Nano D3, even if i've read different feedbacks about it. More interesting, imo, is the new x3+... Do you know something more about its release?

Thank you,
    Ferdi

15. bsoplinger
    There's a thread just for the Xduoo Nano D3. I have one, short version of my impression. Frustrating device because it sounds good but has shortcomings and missing functionality. Xduoo has made a few firmware changes so there's a bit of hope it might eventually be decent but I'd not suggest buying based on hope.

Ferdi91 likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Page 8 of 22
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last