NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 19, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #452 of 534
Thanks for your response. After looking at the XDuoo website again, I realized that X10T and X10TII are DACs only, there is no amp. Since you have experienced X20, how would you describe its sound?

The X20 sound is fine ... above average (IMO) but not spectacular, although my comparative experience with other players is rather limited ... However, I can say a more powerful external amp does make a notable difference ... I use a Topping NX4 with line-out from the X20. Yes, it's an additional box, but worth it. More dynamic sounding. Its amp section I consider rather good and plenty of power headroom to run full-size dynamic headphones like the HD580 that I use.

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #453 of 534
Thanks again. I do not plan to add a separate amp to the player. Prefer using the amp section of the player itself to drive IEMs like Etymotic ER4 and MEE Pinnacle P1. Hopefully there will be some good prices during the holiday season on XDuoo models.

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #456 of 534
According to the Xduoo X20 1.8 official firm txt:

Firmware updated contents:
1. Fix the problem that has clicks sound when play the music first time.
2. Fix the problem that has noise in D2P mode when playing DSD music
3. Optimize system

I'm still using xVortex 1.5 dual boot firm, but I wouldn't mind if he updated it to 1.8. Also I'm wondering if the album art glitch is fixed.

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #457 of 534
Hi everyone,
I think xDuoo X3II users might be interested in my custom firmware. I made some reverse-engineering tricks over stock v1.2 firmware and implemented a lot of interesting things. The most interesting are:
  • UI speedup and brand new design
  • Changeable UI themes (12 built in + unlimited amount can be loaded from SD card)
  • Battery levels and brightness levels fixed
  • All five DAC's digital filters implemented
  • Extended EQ adjust range
  • DSD noise fixed (stolen from last X20 firmware)
img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

Project page on GitHub: https://github.com/SinuXVR/xDuoo-X3II-custom-firmware
Just download update.upt file and you know what to do :wink:

Nov 10, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #458 of 534
Installed (after reflashing stock 1.2) .. works great so far.

I like how snappy the interface is now, especially when changing tracks, previous ones always seemed to lag, in displaying the track info, and the album art, much faster now.

also, glad to report it has no issues with more than 16k tracks on the database (23k in mine and growing, 256gb card not full yet)

Art

Hi everyone,
I think xDuoo X3II users might be interested in my custom firmware. I made some reverse-engineering tricks over stock v1.2 firmware and implemented a lot of interesting things. The most interesting are:
  • Changeable UI themes (12 built in + unlimited amount can be loaded from SD card)

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #460 of 534
Hi everyone,
img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

Hi everyone,
img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

Thanks! I downloaded to my X3ii and liking this interface better than the default. Is this port compatible with the Rockbox port maintained by XVortex? That is, can I dual boot to either Rockbox or this 1.2 "custom" version?

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #462 of 534
Hello SinuX.
I really like your rom version more than the default one. Good work!.
May I ask, it is possible to increase the range of the balance option? In the default rom, you can decrease the volume of the left or right channel only by 10%.
I have hyperacusis in one ear, and I will be very happy if one channel volume could be decreased by 20% or more over the other.
Thank you!

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #463 of 534
I installed the latest Rockbox on my X3ii. I am unable to fast forward or rewind in a track. The stock Hiby player does this fine. Is there some setting on Rockbox that will enable this? I had the original X3 at one point with Rockbox, and I was able to fast forward just fine on that player.

Nov 28, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #464 of 534
Question for any x3ii owners - does this have the same playback issue at 44.1khz as the x3 (wrong pitch) ?

I think Rockbox fixes this for the x3 afaik, but I'd like to stick to stock firmware (or a variant of the stock like the one linked here) for battery life concerns if at all possible.

Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back