NEW XDUOO X serie DAP-X20, X10+ & X3+. XDUOO Are on FIRE!!!

What would be an interesting feature to have in a TOTL Xduoo DAP?

• Dual hifi DAC

• More internal memory

• changeable battery

• more DAC filter for soundsignature

• changeable amps

• android touchscreen

• wifi & bluetooth

• USB DAC

• radio

• xlr balanced output

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 7, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #181 of 534
OK. My EQ did not work on mine. I tried changing song, same. It is either I cannot tell the diff. or just there is something wrong with my unit.

Yes. I like Xduoo quite a bit. because of it cost effective solution and focus on good sound and non laggy UI.
Maybe try factory reset it and update to latest firmware ? Maybe some software glitch coz i don't think it has anything to do with faulty components. Either that or you really can't hear a difference. I can confirm it works, just finds that fiddling through the EQ settings a little non intuitive for me

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #182 of 534
OK. My EQ did not work on mine. I tried changing song, same. It is either I cannot tell the diff. or just there is something wrong with my unit.

Yes. I like Xduoo quite a bit. because of it cost effective solution and focus on good sound and non laggy UI.
did you try while playing music. if you hold option buton on Playing screen it will show EQ so you can test it on the music you play.
And you did not hear any difference with preset EQ as well?
Its not night and day, but it sure do hearable difference....some IEM do not react to EQ alot tough.
Can't convince myself it could be a defective EQ....too odd really.

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #186 of 534
In some FiiO DAPs EQ does not work above 24/96 material...just saying...maybe its a similar implementation...

You are right!!! I tried 44k 16bit, the EQ works. Once I play DSD, the EQ just does not have any effect.

Maybe DSD have too much data to process.
The X20 does not have enough CPU power to process theEQ on DSD files. Hence no EQ on DSD.

Mar 8, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #187 of 534
You are right!!! I tried 44k 16bit, the EQ works. Once I play DSD, the EQ just does not have any effect.

Maybe DSD have too much data to process.
The X20 does not have enough CPU power to process theEQ on DSD files. Hence no EQ on DSD.

No digital EQ on DSD files is exactly what native DSD decoding should be. Because DSD is 1-bit decoding.

When applying digital EQ, it will sacrifice several bits (ie, 16bit->12bit). The 4bit here is used for volume match for the EQ curve. That's why many people don't like EQ, and generally consider EQ will decrease the sound quality. That's also the reason why 24bit audio files are much better when applying EQ.

DSD files only have 1-bit, no place for EQ. Unless the player convert DSD to 24bit PCM internally.

Btw, if a DAP says it can decode DSD natively and apply EQ at the same time. Don't buy it.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #188 of 534
No digital EQ on DSD files is exactly what native DSD decoding should be. Because DSD is 1-bit decoding.

When applying digital EQ, it will sacrifice several bits (ie, 16bit->12bit). The 4bit here is used for volume match for the EQ curve. That's why many people don't like EQ, and generally consider EQ will decrease the sound quality. That's also the reason why 24bit audio files are much better when applying EQ.

DSD files only have 1-bit, no place for EQ. Unless the player convert DSD to 24bit PCM internally.

Btw, if a DAP says it can decode DSD natively and apply EQ at the same time. Don't buy it.
It could be those fake dsd players that convert dsd to 384k/24 bit too

Mar 9, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #189 of 534

Thank you for the info. Learn something new everyday.

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #191 of 534
Hum.....EQ is up to 6DB change for 10 bands frequencies. Yes, you should hear a difference, try pushing all of them at max to be sure....otherwise, you will search for slight change to improve soundsignature that you wish, but I sure can hear big difference in sound. So, I can confirm big time that EQ work. Preset already give very big change in sound....can you heard this change????

PS: Happy to know you love this DAP too. Look like you a Xduoo fan hehe I have the XD-05 as well and really love it, its like a more bassy version of X20 IMO....with more amping if needed. Only drawback is battery life that go down even whe pluged trough USB. Otherwise, its an ultimate value with lot of option.

Thisty xd-05

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #192 of 534
I'm staring at mine in the Cart... hovering over the pay button... just waiting for the"Sign"
It just doesn't work for high resolution audio files. The EQ works on all other files.

The X20 is undoubtedly good for its price.

If you want EQ to work with high resolution audio files you'd have to get a more expensive player like the Cayin N5ii (which also uses the same es 9018 chip)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #193 of 534
I'm staring at mine in the Cart... hovering over the pay button... just waiting for the"Sign"
I see you're in the UK. I was going to point out that the best price for USA customers would be what Massdrop charged for their last drop. If you're not a member its easy to join then just search for the X20 and click the request drop. Since the first drop went well I think they'll be doing another soon enough. But I've seen enough comments on various drops about international shipping and import duties that I doubt it'd be worth it for non Americans. I'm happy with my bargain ONKYO DP-S1 which was even less that I won't be bothering with an X20

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #195 of 534
is there a line out mode? or just plugged into the lineout port?
Direct plug in LO, and you can enable an option for volume control Lo if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back