New WNA MKlll announced!
Mar 3, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Please PM me with a place I can order it. Definatly interested.

Not sure I should have spouted out this information before the PCB's are even ready but I have so that's that
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
The design now incorporates a separate rail splitter/capacitance multiplier for each channel ( ie the design is entirely dual mono ). The output stages are now high speed diamond buffers, with multiple output devices, rather than simple emitter followers. This means that the speed of the output stage is now a better match for the LM6171 and the overall hf performance is improved. The design incorporates offset trim, nested feedback loops, and zobel networks on the pcb. There are no output capacitors. The double sided pcb is 100mm wide so that it slides into the grooves of eurocard enclosures. The power connections between the rail splitter/capacitance multipliers and the amplifier channels are now made on the pcb, as are the connections between the amplifier outputs and the headphone jack. The headphone jack is now a genuine pcb mounting part. Overall construction time and complexity are much reduced.
Mike.

Mike,
some of my suggestions realizes
580smile.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 33
Gives a output DC protection too?

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 33
I had the first prototype of the mk 3 buffer amp in my WNA preamp - its good! I have the mk 2 in my headamp - but with vishays and black gates. Anyone tried v-caps?

I have pestering Dr White for an SR design for some time - be interesting see how much effect if any there is comparing a mains fed with a battery supplied SR. I have heard that the combination of "never connected" plus SR is very good on the diy forums.

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by biovizier
I had the first prototype of the mk 3 buffer amp in my WNA preamp - its good! I have the mk 2 in my headamp - but with vishays and black gates. Anyone tried v-caps?

I have pestering Dr White for an SR design for some time - be interesting see how much effect if any there is comparing a mains fed with a battery supplied SR. I have heard that the combination of "never connected" plus SR is very good on the diy forums.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the board or amp? I would be interested to see.

Thanks,
Alex

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Well, I can't wait for March 15th to come! I'll definitely be trying one of these puppies and will, as always, report here with my impressions.

Mike,
David wrote to me on 2006-03-12:
--------------------
The MkIII pcbs should arrive this monday or tuesday. ......
There is no dc offset protection on the MkIII pcb - you still need a separate module. ....
The MkIII can either share a single wall wart for both channels, or use one wall wart per channel - its up to you. ....
The pcb and construction manual for the MkIII costs £40 and for the Super Cascode £35 both plus shipping. .....
--------------------
But I can't wait to see the first pics here
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back