New! WNA MKll Head-amp kit.
Jan 15, 2005 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 764

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
I had one of my rare (and to date least sensible) Head-Fi moments last night where I thought I'd delete all 4,674 of my posts (don't ask) starting with this thread I managed to wipe out my posts on page 14 and page 1 before retiring to bed for the night.

The posts are apparantly wiped from the server so I'll have to fill in the "dots" from memory... ah the silly things some people do when they're hot headed.... I'm just glad that I didn't wipe out everything.

EDIT: ****! appears I actually reached page 2 as well.

Jan 15, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 764
I look forward to your review of the finished item Mike. I suspect I'll be building one soon. I've justified it to myself that I can relegate my original WNA to my study/PC room for use with the SR-80s and I can build a new one for use in my main rig with my new HD650s. I must get my X-Can V2 on eBay!

Looks like the new PCB will still fit nicely into the Hammond with room for a crossfeed. Are you building a complete kit or are you doing your own thing with resistors, capacitors, case and all? If so, what are you using?

EDIT: Looks like the board is designed for Natai output capacitors? I suppose that you can use flying leads from those component locations if you want to use beefier (and physically larger) ALCAPs?

Jan 15, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 764
2.jpg

k.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

Jan 15, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 764
Looking good
smily_headphones1.gif

[edit=What case do the boards fit into?]

Also - are the original PCBs still available?

Jan 15, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 764
Very nice, with both the pot and jack on board some very neat amps are going to be built
biggrin.gif

Is there a parts list somewhere? (So I can work out the cost)

Jan 15, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #10 of 764
Looks very attractive.

If the cards were 100 mm wide they'd fit the slots in Hammond cases, like the N16 that the PPA uses nicely. What's the idea with 90 mm wide?

It looks like one could get 12 hours from a bank of 20 AA cells, would it be crazy to attempt this as a portable amp? I remember people lugging around Kaypro computers and called them portable...

Jan 16, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #12 of 764
Quote:

Hi doobooloo contact Dr. White by clicking on the contact link at http://www.wnaudio.com/ You can purchase either the PCB1 or PCB2 or a full kit.... the full kit is £160 but I don't yet know if that includes PCB1 or PCB 2, full details to follow. All I know at the moment is the PCB1 is £30 and the PCB2 is £35 I'll get the full details asap.

Thanks for the details Mike! I'll keep tuned to this thread for more info.

Quote:

If the cards were 100 mm wide they'd fit the slots in Hammond cases, like the N16 that the PPA uses nicely. What's the idea with 90 mm wide?

Good point there. I wonder why it's not just a standard Eurocard size like the PPA, it would have been much easier that way for many DIY builders (Hammond, Lansing, etc.)...

Jan 16, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #15 of 764
A question: even with the design changes to the LM6171 standard for the WNA board, can it still function with the AD8610 opamps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back