New W2002s on the way ... some questions
Mar 21, 2002 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

jbannow

100+ Head-Fier
I should have a brand new pair of AT W2002s coming in the next week or two. I'm planning on picking up a Denon DCM-370 and a Corda HA-1 to drive this, and probably add an Art DI/O later on down the line.

Has anyone ordered the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter or spare pads for these?

Thanks for the recommendations on the W2002s ... I'm pretty geeked.
smily_headphones1.gif

- Jeff

Mar 21, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 26
Get the Grado adapter immediately -- don't wait to try and get the AT adapter. The Corda jacks are recessed, and some adapters don't fit -- but the Grado fits perfectly and will also serve as a strain relief.

Ruach is waiting for extra pads and should let us know when they're in.

Mar 21, 2002 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by jbannow
I should have a brand new pair of AT W2002s coming in the next week or two. I'm planning on picking up a Denon DCM-370 and a Corda HA-1 to drive this, and probably add an Art DI/O later on down the line.

Has anyone ordered the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter or spare pads for these?

Thanks for the recommendations on the W2002s ... I'm pretty geeked.
smily_headphones1.gif

- Jeff

Congrats on the phones!

I'm not certain, but I think you've swelled Head-Fi's W2002 ranks to an even dozen. Let us know what your serial number is and don't screw around by claiming it's anything over 1,000. You could give MRael a heart attack!
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 26
JML - Will do on the Grado adapter ... is headroom the best place to pick it up? Do you know how much the replacement pads are?

Spad - Thanks. I can't wait for them to come in. I asked him about the serial and as these are brand new he hasn't opened them to find out. As soon as they come in I'll post the serial here.

- Jeff

Mar 21, 2002 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 26
How did you get a brand new pair?

Mar 21, 2002 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 26
There was an auction on eBay that never completed from earlier this month ... I emailed him and asked if he still had them available. He was willing to do escrow, so we worked out a deal. They aren't quite here yet though ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2002 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 26
The estimate on the pads is about $50, but shipping will raise it, I'm sure. Headroom got the adapter to me in under a week, and the price is the same at one or two other places who carry it.

Mar 21, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

JML - Will do on the Grado adapter ... is headroom the best place to pick it up? Do you know how much the replacement pads are?

Spad - Thanks. I can't wait for them to come in. I asked him about the serial and as these are brand new he hasn't opened them to find out. As soon as they come in I'll post the serial here.

- Jeff

I had a Grado adapter on order from Headroom for a couple of weeks before canceling on Monday. When I cancelled, I believe the rep said they should be in next week.

I dropped a note to Xin Feng at htp://www.fixup.net to see if he would be willing to make one for me. (Like JML, I'm very concerned about the lack of stress-relief when using a standard short adapter.) He custom-made one to my specs and had it in the mail in about two hours. Now that is service!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2002 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

(Like JML, I'm very concerned about the lack of stress-relief when using a standard short adapter.) He custom-made one to my specs and had it in the mail in about two hours. Now that is service!
smily_headphones1.gif
[/B]

That sounds like a good idea. I can see how stress on the connectors and headphone cable could lead to eventual failure. How long did you go for? You basically just got a headphone extension cord with 1/8" on one end and 1/4" on the other?

- Jeff

Mar 21, 2002 at 9:06 PM Post #10 of 26
Mar 21, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

That sounds like a good idea. I can see how stress on the connectors and headphone cable could lead to eventual failure. How long did you go for? You basically just got a headphone extension cord with 1/8" on one end and 1/4" on the other?

- Jeff

No, I had the cable reduced to nine inches, Jeff. I do practically all my stationary headphone listening in my den and my amp is always within reach.

Mar 21, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Spad

No, I had the cable reduced to nine inches, Jeff. I do practically all my stationary headphone listening in my den and my amp is always within reach.

This is pretty close to my thoughts as well ... ~1 foot. I'll have to inquire with him on this as well. Thanks!

- Jeff

Mar 21, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #14 of 26
I have not ordered from GoodCans/ListeningStation, but they were very quick to respond to a question about stock a few months ago.

Mar 22, 2002 at 2:05 AM Post #15 of 26
Jbannow, since you don't yet have the Corda and can afford to wait if necessary, I'd recommend getting the Grado.

You've got some interesting days ahead, my man.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back