NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Oct 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #286 of 4,971
It's a pretty fun little amp.

Amps should never be fun. If it is it's not worth using.
Count me out! I'll pass on all the fun stuff.

I like my amps as boring as possible. Heck, I think the reason I hate most Schiit amps is that they're too shiny.
Every time I looked at the Magni it would annoy me and ruin my whole music experience and make me mad. The light on the front hurts my eyes too.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #287 of 4,971

Amps should never be fun. If it is it's not worth using.
Count me out! I'll pass on all the fun stuff.

I like my amps as boring as possible. Heck, I think the reason I hate most Schiit amps is that they're too shiny.
Every time I looked at the Magni it would annoy me and ruin my whole music experience and make me mad. The light on the front hurts my eyes too.

Turn the amp around and turn off the lights.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #289 of 4,971
The light on the front of the magni hurts my eyes too... I hope Schiit fixes that.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #290 of 4,971
  The Asgard2 was too fun for you and thus you returned it in favor of the O2 huh Tdockweiler.

Yes, you are right!

I sent it back and wrote on the amp with a sharpie: Too much Fun. This is obviously colored and not usable.

I actually went from Magni > O2 > Asgard 2

I actually haven't had fun listening to headphones since 1972 or so. Every recording is very flawed and of poor quality.

O2 would have been perfect but it had a hint of fun/sillyness in it's treble. It's really unacceptable and should have been picked up in measurements.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #291 of 4,971
BTW Tdock, other than needing to spray paint the amp in deepest black, the Vali should pair well with your HD598 and the price is not out of this world.

By fun I do not mean U-shaped. It should not load your HD598s at all and throw away the tonal balance. It should enhance your music experience in my opinion.

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #292 of 4,971
  BTW Tdock, other than needing to spray paint the amp in deepest black, the Vali should pair well with your HD598 and the price is not out of this world.

By fun I do not mean U-shaped. It should not load your HD598s at all and throw away the tonal balance. It should enhance your music experience in my opinion.

No, I actually like the design of the Schiit Amps. Asgard 2 looks really simple/plain and I like that. People say my Micro Amp is ugly as hell but I like that too.
Actually there are very few amps I HATE. Most of them I disliked were just weak portable amps.

Despite all my nitpicks I liked the O2 and Magni. The only Schiit amp i've liked was the Magni, but OK Asgard 1 was pretty great with the HD-600 and D2000. I'm more of a Headroom fanboy
normal_smile .gif

As my main amp though i'd never buy one that didn't play well with ALL my headphones (don't care about IEMS). I'll use the Vali in my bedroom. If I don't like it i'll just resell it. No big deal.

You know an amp is good when you own it for 3 years and doesn't magically transform your headphones into something they're not. Synergy is so stupid IMO.

The headphone I want to try first is the Koss Pro DJ100 with M50 pads. It's only 38ohm but is fine with even a 10ohm output impedance. That thing can sound like poop on warm/dark amps. It was very good on the Magni.

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #293 of 4,971
Oct 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #294 of 4,971
I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pretty much floored by how much detail and control this little amp has - I said to Jason that there is no way that Schiit should sound that good. If anything, I think the Modi was holding it back. This is just one of "those" products - it is going to generate huge waves. 

..dB

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #297 of 4,971
I read as far as page eleven before getting bored, so I've seen some of the initial single-paragraph discussions of its pairings with the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog. Has anything thorough been written on the topic?

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #298 of 4,971
  I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pretty much floored by how much detail and control this little amp has - I said to Jason that there is no way that Schiit should sound that good. If anything, I think the Modi was holding it back. This is just one of "those" products - it is going to generate huge waves. 

..dB

All thanks to Nomax! Err wait, I mean Purrin.gggg

Oct 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #299 of 4,971
loved the asgard, it kept my coffee n cookies warm throughout my listening pleasure. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back