1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by lff, Oct 9, 2013.
First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last
  1. mikemercer
    WOW
    it might be total overkill - but using this MacIntosh D100 (DAC/digital pre-amp/headphone amp) that I got in for review
    in front of the Vali!  LOL

Like I said, I know it's overkill - but it's really showing me the Vali's potential!
    Driving my Audeze LCD-X or Alpha Dogs - the bottom end is punctuated fiercely  - the mids clean with smooth velocity,
    and the highs are extended w/ magnificent sparkle.

This is an addictive combo!

I also put this small Music Hall DAC ahead of it earlier (have to look at the model number) and that match was superb.

I'm SO psyched to have a small, modern, slick affordable hybrid tube headphone amp to recommend to friends just getting
    into this! Most of my prior recommendations were smaller, limited power units...

2. geogga
    Bass?

3. MickeyVee
    Not overkill.. have used the Naim DAC-V1 (think they're in the same league) with the Vali - pretty sweet but I prefer the Naim built in amp.
    mvHeadFi-2013-Dec.jpg

How's the D100 built in HP amp?? It was on my list but I got a killer deal on the Naim so skipped the D100 totally.

Quote:

4. jpalenzuela
    How is the vali paired with HD600, Alessandro MS2 and sr325i? Wich is better for rock (alternative/indie).

5. Katun
    Finally ordered the Vali. I'll be trying it out with the HD700. 

Anyone think a tube-based DAC would pair well with the Vali, or is that bad synergy or something?

6. benjaminhuypham
    I feel like Vali Order waiting list is started from LA to NY in length. Schiit guys' net worth must be surpassed Bill Gates's net worth at the end of this year, Lol. But I'll order one when I get HD600 :sunglasses:

7. oopeteroo
    im thinking of ordering vali+modi and a hd650 or hd598.
    I have the Audio-GD NFB-11.32 with he500 right now.

will modi+vali be a good combo for hd598?
    will this combo beat modi+vali with hd650?
    or Audio-GD NFB-11.32 with hd650 ?

8. Mshenay
    Dpn't get the Modo of you already have an NFB11.32 that unit is a Dac amp combo right? If so use the line outs on the back of your NFB 11.32 to drive into the Vali. That's what I'm doing right now, my NFb 10ES2 is driving my Vali. 

9. Misterrogers
    Honestly don't think it'd be worth it. Much of the reason Vali performs as it does, is that it's been finely tuned to the specific curve, optimum linear range, optimal power requirements and I suspect components in the hybrid part of the circuit where probably chosen for their synergy with this tube. I love to 'roll' myself, but really - it should be saved for amps designed for it. 

10. oopeteroo
    yeah i know. but if i buy the vali i think i will buy the modi 2, cause its sexier xD

so my questions is still:
    will modi+vali be a good combo for hd598?
    will this combo beat modi+vali with hd650?
    or Audio-GD NFB-11.32 with hd650 ?

11. theOmni
    There's a modi 2??

12. geogga
    I got both cables from monoprice for 1/7 the price. Shipping included.
    Forgot to mention I got the Modi and magni. Decided I didn't get the Vali or the other amps I was thinking about. Praying it sounds nice and hope it kills my current setup.

13. PXSS
    I "THINK" he meant '... I will buy the modi too...'

14. theOmni
    Ohhh....I'm an idiot.

15. leesure
    I really didn't have a good home for a Vali in my systems, but now I do! I recently set up a turntable for the first time in years. Oddly, I found that neither the Mjolnir nor the Woo WA22 sound even close to their best when fed a single ended source...like the output from my phono preamp*. So I now have an order placed for a Vali which will be fed from the phono preamp and will drive my various LCD's.

*interesting aside...the Woo WA22 fed by the SE source sounded closed in with almost no treble whatsoever. The Mjolnir was just the opposite, super bright and fatiguing. Neither amp sounded like that when fed a balanced source.

First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last