New user looking for entry level headphones :)
May 14, 2015 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sidlechado

New Head-Fier
Hey, hello guys, I'm from brazil and am looking to get a new pair of headphones. I'm a college student and doesn't have a large budget atm and I don't have much options here since things costs 4x as they would in US or Europe, after 2 days of gathering options I have come to this list of things that are available and I found good for me:
- Koss PortaPro (~200BRL)
- Koss KSC75 (~130BRL)
- SuperLux HD681(~120BRL)
- SuperLux HD688b(~250BRL) would have to import those
- Sony MDR-XB600(~170BRL)
- AKG 518 LE (~150BRL)
- Philips Uptown (~250BRL)
- Philips Downton (~160BRL)

My budget is arround 250, tops 300 BRL, I listen more for eletronic, rock and sometimes rap songs, source would be my laptop and my phone. I'm looking more for over ear headphones since I like that design better and avoiding a bit IEM's since I had one a bit decent but found annoying for a long period of time use. I don't care too much about isolation and more about sound quality and comfort. I'm open for suggestions, thank you for your time and help and sorry for any mistakes, my first time arround here
redface.gif

May 14, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Hey!
I'm also quite new here and just stumbled across your thread. If things are THAT expensive in Brazil, wouldn't it be an option to import your desired gear and still get away cheaper? When I want to get new stuff I usually check sellers overseas (I'm from Europe). Although it's not always cheaper, I still am able to buy some things I wouldn't get in Europe. :wink:

May 14, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 5
It's mostly that expensive because of Dollar being expensive right here, right now ( 1 Dollar = 3.15 BRL atm ) + taxes and import fees it get a little bit overboard, ex: superlux 668b who is a 50 dollars headphone becomes a 250 BRL because of the price of dollar + shipping and import fees. I'm looking to buy the philips uptown, head great reviews about him.

May 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #5 of 5
Definitely buy a product they have in Brazil, because as you said o imposto is ridiculous over there, and they could be damaged while shipping. Also make sure that your headphones have a low impedance so that they can be driven by your phone/laptop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back