1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New/unused E-Mu Teaks (detachable cable) w/new ZMF Ori pads

Discussion in 'Headphones for Sale / Trade' started by WyldeBlue, May 15, 2019.
Trader History (13)
  1. WyldeBlue
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    Best offer:
    Yes
    About 3 years ago (wow, has it been that long?), I got in on the pre-Kickstarter version of the Smyth Realiser A16...among other things, I was jazzed by the idea that my wife and I could both enjoy Atmos-style surround from our bedroom home theater without having to resort to installing 16 or so speakers all around the room thanks to the A16's promised dual HP outputs. Just a short while later, I read about these E-Mu Teaks. I had already tried the TH-X00s, but the E-Mus were supposedly even more of what I found to like in those cans, so I took a gamble as they sounded like a great way to share my love of the hobby with my bride--I bought two pair, ostensibly to be used for our phones-based surround sound home theater that I would eventually build around the A16 mother-ship (whenever it landed).

Ever the restless type, I ended up taking one pair of Teaks and doing a full-blown Lawton mod just to see what all the fuss was about. I left the other Teaks stock, but did invest in the upgraded ZMF leather Ori pads as I found the upgraded pads to GREATLY enhance the comfort and performance of my Lawton-ized Teaks--at the very least, my wife's would be similar in comfort and feel to the ones I had slowly built for myself. Fast-forward 3 years and I'm still patiently waiting for the A16 (ugh!), but I've acquired--or already moved through--enough other gear that I'm kind of beyond the idea that both our headphones have to even come close to matching anymore. In the meantime, her set remained idle in the box, touched by human hands only long enough to change out the pads since the day I unpacked them.

That brings us back to what we now have here for sale...a pair of new, unused E-Mu Teaks with original teakwood cups, detachable cable, original unused pads, and new, unused ZMF Ori pads already installed (pad swaps take all of a handful of seconds if you want to go back to stock). Lest you think me disingenuous in my backstory, there's the OEM teak (save for the upgraded pads) for sale here sitting next to the Lawton-ized version in the bottom image below...I really did buy two pairs, and didn't just say so for the sake of making my assertion that these Teaks are still new and unused sound more plausible. I strive to be an amicable and transparent trading partner; I've had nothing but great experiences here on Head-Fi and I have a feedback profile on eBay that's 20 years-old (no kidding!) with 100% positive feedback as an individual buyer and seller over more than 1200 transactions. As a seller, I do everything possible to ensure there are no surprises when you open the box because I know how disappointed I am when something arrives in a condition other than what I was expecting--take that for what you will, but please give me a shout out if you have any questions as I've done my absolute best to describe exactly what I think you can expect out of these cans.

PayPal (or other payment method--let me know???) and shipping are included here in the states; overseas purchases are also fine with me, we'll just need to talk about shipping arrangements as sometimes the costs become a bit prohibitive for me to offer completely gratis. Not really interested in trades at this time as I'm looking to down-size as opposed to side-ways size!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ardubu likes this.
  2. TsKen
    What a beautiful story. I cry everytime

lemmiwinks91 likes this.
  3. CorvetteGarage
    Listening to my Teaks now... love em.

GLWS.