New Ultrasone Edition 15
Jan 24, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #91 of 172
Knock, knock. :) I hope there is still someone listening to this thread. :)

I recently got myself a Jubilee 25 and although it initially sounds awfully sharp in treble region, with some EQ it became a very impressive beast of a HP. Obviously, something that I would not take with me to my commutes. The question comes in here: I am looking for a (maybe less trebly) similar HP which is not as fragile as J25 but at the same time airy treble extension, which can do from metal jazz. What I like about J25 is how clear (but not boomy, really crystal clear) the bass can be heard (e-bass or double bass). That is why I am thinking about the E15.

Though one question: Does it leak too much sound to the outside? I would like to use it at the office. Just as a comparison: LCD-i4 is not a problem. And do you think it is a good candidate? What about ED8EX? My source is WM1Z.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #93 of 172
You could try ultrasone edition 5 unlimited. It sounds very similar to jubilee25, it is closed, no leaking of sound, very light and comfortable and can be used with phone or portable players. I have them for on the go and use the 25 at home.

Thanks. :) Limited or unlimited, there is not much difference as I understand, right? Is it very different from 8EX?

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #96 of 172
Thanks. :) Limited or unlimited, there is not much difference as I understand, right? Is it very different from 8EX?
I did not hear 8ex or limited, I can compare to 25. it is ...well you can hear that wood is missing...it has ruthenium coated caps...so it is somewhat lighter, more hollow, more empty...it is not easy to describe, but 25 has more substance. But belive me, they are still very good and very similar to 25. They are also little lighter then 25 and very comfortable.
I use them for walk around, as they are lighter, not so insane expensive and rare as 25 and they also have a short cord with mic, so you can listen from a phone and also answer calls. They have one downside and that is the neutrino connectors that are very fragile.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #97 of 172
They have one downside and that is the neutrino connectors that are very fragile.

This was exactly the point I was thinking about, as I wanted just make/buy one balanced cable I and use it both with the J25 and the portable setup. Only the 8EX and E15 have the LEMO connectors. I am even rather considering changing the connector of the original cable of the one that I will buy... But E5 seems to be a good portable J25 solution.

I wonder what the closed E15 would be like. And, how much it would cost.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #98 of 172
I wonder what the closed E15 would be like. And, how much it would cost.
Well, I suppose it will sound good and will be expensive :)

But I think we all, that are in pursuit of perfection, be it in sound or else, need to look deeper in our urge. It is like a hole that is bottomless...as much as you showel in it (headphones, players, flacs, money...) it can never be filled up. It is always the next new and improved thing.

Fact: you will never find satisfaction. Try to be happy with what you have and enjoy it. It is easy when you try....and way more cost effective.

Fact: perfection can NEVER be achived, as we look more and more and deeper and deeper into a topic. Look at the whole...and io and behold...it is perfect.

May 3, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #99 of 172
Does anyone have any experience with Ultrasone's customer support? I am trying to buy a few spare earpads for my Edition 15's but they are not in Ultrasone's online store and they are not responding to email. Could they be closed beacuse of the Corona crisis? Any other way to buy some earpads?

May 3, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #102 of 172
Strange I used to mail them for cable parts or questions concerning my Ed15 Veritas .. and they reply usually quite fast..

May 17, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #104 of 172
Do the pads on the Edition15 completely encircle the ears? Obviously dependant on ear size but if anyone can give me dimensions that would be great.

The inside diameter is a bit less than 7x5 cm (Hard to tell with the irregular shape) , but you may have to move them around a little to get the best results from the X-logic. Mine sound best for me with my earlobes touching the pads.

Oh and Ultrasone got in touch with me about the pads!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back