New Ultimate Ears IEM's In-Stock!
Jul 28, 2008 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

MfiveM

Member of the Trade: SoundEarphones.com
[size=medium]We have just received our inventory on the brand new UE super.fi 5 and triple.fi 10Vi for mobile earphones.

super.fi5.jpg

Ultimate Ears super.fi 5

Quote:

Ultimate Ears SUPER.Fi 5 uses the same speaker and sound signature used in our professional monitors. It offers the most detailed and sonically rich experience when listening to all type of musical genres. The top fire armature produces a detailed and full soundstage. The metallic silver body with UE logo is stylish, low profile and ideal for a person on the go. The earphones are color coded and makes for easy left and right identification. Cables can be worn down for casual listening or over the ear for active lifestyles. Accessories include three sizes of soft silicone ear tips, 2 sets of Comply™ foam ear tips, cleaning tool and a pocket ready pebble-shaped case.

Product Information

triplefi10vi.jpg

Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10Vi - the ultimate mobile earphone!

Quote:

If you love music and want to hear every sonic nuance and musical layer like a professional sound engineer, then you need the TRIPLE.Fi 10 Pro earphones. The TRIPLE.Fi 10vi features integrated voice functionality and is specifically designed for use with the iPhone™.

Product Information[/size]

Jul 29, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 16
I love the new design on the super fi. They look a lot slimmer than before.

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by st4r0c3an /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the new design on the super fi. They look a lot slimmer than before.

Me too, although -- unlike the older, dual-driver Pro version -- this one is a single-driver model. I wonder how different they'll sound.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too, although -- unlike the older, dual-driver Pro version -- this one is a single-driver model. I wonder how different they'll sound.

I've yet to see a single review on the web.

Jul 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can see two drivers inside of mine. Although I could be wrong. Could be one large armature.

*Edit, I shined a really bright flashlight in there. I can only see two wires going in, so it does look like one large driver.

Jul 30, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see two drivers inside of mine. Although I could be wrong. Could be one large armature.

*Edit, I shined a really bright flashlight in there. I can only see two wires going in, so it does look like one large driver.

The official website confirms a single driver.

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Please let us know how it sounds
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

That's quite a lot of sound out of a single driver. Fantastic!

Like I said in the other thread about these headphones, hearing the Klipsch Image pretty much alleviated any concerns I had about single driver IEMs. It's good to hear that Ultimate Ears also delivered!

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 16
This is getting confusing. Isn't the "new" triple.fi 10Vi just the same triple.fi 10 with a different cable? Or is it really different?

If it is just a cable, can I just use the cable-with-mic + triple.fi 5 Pro to make a "better" UE5 for iphone?

Aug 2, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #14 of 16
i've tried the first VI version, but the button on the mic is PITA to press. it's relatively humongous compared to apple mic. if they've made the improvement regarding this, i would gladly purchase the cable for my triple fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back