New Toy from Westone
Mar 22, 2006 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

p0wderh0und23

Member of the Trade: JH Audio
I'll have this at the International Meet in New York...

Yes right NOW it is aimed more at musicians, but I think some of the high end users can get use out of it to. I'd love to get feedback from some of you on this as the show.

Press Release being sent to all the trade mags this week....

Westone and Gennum Introduce In-Ear Sound Design™ (SD1) to Winter NAMM 2006 Attendees

Incorporating Ambience with DSP to Enhance the In-Ear Monitoring Experience

(Colorado Springs, CO) March 2006— Westone and Gennum Corporation debuted their jointly developed ambient monitoring and sound contouring system, In-Ear Sound Design, to attendees of the NAMM 2006 Winter Session.
Developed in consultation with monitor engineers, artists and industry professionals, In-Ear Sound Design draws on Gennum’s 33-year history in developing audio solutions and Westone’s nearly 50 years of knowledge and experience in producing custom fit products for the human ear. In-Ear Sound Design enhances the capabilities available to the in-ear monitor user by allowing ambient sound to be mixed with the monitor signal and providing tools to fully customize the response characteristics of both sources independently.
With In-Ear Sound Design, each individual is able to personalize their listening experience, control the dynamics and the amount of ambient sound in their mix, and even tailor the frequency response to taste. It incorporates a 6-band parametric EQ, multi-band compressor and brick-wall limiter. The patent pending ear-level microphone design provides a spatially correct stereo image of the environment and allows the wearer to communicate without having to remove the monitors from their ears.
In-Ear Sound Design is compatible with the vast majority of existing custom in-ear monitors, including those manufactured by other companies. Sound Design Audio Manager (SDAM) software allows the user to personalize the dynamics of the ambient and monitor mix. These personalized settings can be stored in the 4 memory locations of the SD1 belt-pack, allowing quick onstage access during live performance. In-Ear Sound Design can be used in conjunction with a wireless monitor system or as a standalone hardwired system. It is designed to allow the wearer to have total sound control of their monitor and ambient environment.
Featuring Gennum’s world-class Voyageur™ Chip. The Voyageur™ is a 20-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) with a 48kHz sample rate. This ultra low power chip provides up to an amazing 300 hours of life on a single “AA” battery. In-Ear Sound Design ships with the SD1 belt pack, SD1 cable with built in microphones, Sound Design Audio Manager (SDAM) software, 1 USB cable and 1 male 3.5mm to male 3.5mm jumper cable.
During the NAMM show, In-Ear Sound Design received extremely positive reviews from artists, engineers and trade magazines. Pricing for the In-Ear Sound Design has not been finalized.

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
^ I don't get it.

Well at the Nat Meet we'll give em a spin and post up some impressions then
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Well at the Nat Meet we'll give em a spin and post up some impressions then
icon10.gif

lol thanks...my brain (or wtv I have left) isn't working well right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back