New Tomb Raider/Lara Croft preview @ E3, featuring a very familiar IEM!!!!
Jun 5, 2011 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

wilzc

1000+ Head-Fier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFBrgeSjj-0

Am I the only one who is annoyed that the 'younger' Lara Croft is listening to an iphone looking DAP..   as well..  as...  a certain.. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 18
I thought the only requirements were:

Boobs
Tank Top
Weapons
Unreal fighting abilities

You mean there is an age component to the equation too?  I think with the listed components alone men will be a captive audience. Women will like it because Croft will embody the "Strong female" persona that is being feed to society. There you have it, a winner! 9 out of 10 Stars!

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 18

You're missing the point...  Lara Croft was using Monster BEATS TOUR!! by dre

Quote:
I thought the only requirements were:

Boobs
Tank Top
Weapons
Unreal fighting abilities

You mean there is an age component to the equation too?  I think with the listed components alone men will be a captive audience. Women will like it because Croft will embody the "Strong female" persona that is being feed to society. There you have it, a winner! 9 out of 10 Stars!

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #8 of 18
The narration was waaay over the top, it got annoying after the first 10 seconds! Now they need to make the in-game graphics look like that trailer and it should be quite spectacular.

wind016, Square Enix bought Eidos, the original owner of the TR franchise, so SE is now the title publisher. 

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #9 of 18
First impression - that can't be Lara Croft, her chest appendages are too small. Second impression - are there British people who actually sound like that?

And ya, product placement in movies and games (and hell, even music videos now) is getting to be laughably pathetic.

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
The original company eidos was bought out by them. 
People were expecting square enix to mess up the franchise.

Really? As bad as some square enix games got, they were all at least entertaining if not excellent. I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy. =)

Jun 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #13 of 18
I hate Monster and Dr Dre now.

Last time I watched American Idol, all the "studio guys" were using Monster headphones, and the participants had to use them as well sometimes.

The worst one I saw though was in the soccer world cup, there was a bus with a soccer team in it, and as the team got off the bus EVERY TEAM MEMBER WAS WEARING DR. DRE HEADPHONES.

Jun 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #14 of 18

BOOM!!!  the new Lara Croft!!  with BEATS TOUR!! T_T

Quote:
I hate Monster and Dr Dre now.

Last time I watched American Idol, all the "studio guys" were using Monster headphones, and the participants had to use them as well sometimes.

The worst one I saw though was in the soccer world cup, there was a bus with a soccer team in it, and as the team got off the bus EVERY TEAM MEMBER WAS WEARING DR. DRE HEADPHONES.

Yup,,  i was following A.Idol @ foxtel too. Yup, they plastered monster studios and pros all over, even during interviews where there will be one beats studio or pro...  of a variety of colours..  and sometimes even their bluetooth portable speakers!!

btw, Jimmy Iovine, that producer??  he's the brainchild of Beats by Dre..  so this isnt surprising, he owns half of it i think, or maybe 1/3, together with Dre and Monster. He's trying to create the image and illusion that beats are beasts and are the worlds best headphones. For most parts.. he succeeded. Head-Fi is mankind's last bastion of headphonia truth!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back