New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Aug 14, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #8,446 of 9,406
Put it this way, I was going to replace my sp1000m with SR25 thinking it’s good enough for me. Well it wasn’t :) your mileage may vary based on the iem and cable etc...... good luck!
:beyersmile::beyersmile::beyersmile:

Thanks!!

Aug 14, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #8,447 of 9,406
My best friend has the SR25, its tiny relatively speaking against an SP1000. The display is tiny for me, and the user experience is well not so great. I much rather have the touch and larger screen experience of the SP1000. Lastly the SR25 sounds good, its just not as resolving of the music period.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #8,448 of 9,406
My best friend has the SR25, its tiny relatively speaker against an SP1000. The display is tiny for me, and the user experience is well not so great. I much rather have the touch and larger screen experience of the SP1000. Lastly the SR25 sounds good, its just not as resolving of the music period.
thanks for the feedabck.

I dont mind the smaller size of the sr25 - i got it to be mobile, so it actually works well.

I just want to get the best out of my u12t's (paired with eros II). It costs way more than the sr25, so wanted to make sure that theres a significant sonic difference.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #8,449 of 9,406
thanks for the feedabck.

I dont mind the smaller size of the sr25 - i got it to be mobile, so it actually works well.

I just want to get the best out of my u12t's (paired with eros II). It costs way more than the sr25, so wanted to make sure that theres a significant sonic difference.
It depends on how much you value extra sound quality over cost and portability I suppose. I ended up selling my sp1000m and got the sp1000m gold plated copper edition for the extra extensions in the low ends. Very musical to my ears

Aug 14, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #8,450 of 9,406
It depends on how much you value extra sound quality over cost and portability I suppose. I ended up selling my sp1000m and got the sp1000m gold plated copper edition for the extra extensions in the low ends. Very musical to my ears

I was planning on getting a SP1000m gold earlier this year, not to mention the light brown leather case that is included, that in combination with the gold plated body of the player and it is a real eye candy treat!

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #8,451 of 9,406
I was planning on getting a SP1000m gold earlier this year, not to mention the light brown leather case that is included, that in combination with the gold plated body of the player and it is a real eye candy treat!
It does looks and feel premium especially with the increased weight. I also found that the volume knob has more resistance compared to the blue version. Colour-wise I like both the blue and green as well :)

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #8,453 of 9,406
1597486451754.png

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #8,454 of 9,406
This amp arrived yesterday but i'm having difficulty connecting the SP1000 with the USB. I got a the printer cable and coupled it with the power cable of the sp1000 but nothing is happening. The amp says usb - no signal and the settings on the sp1000 is not an option. I bought the coupler from amazon (3 pack) and i've put a meter on the pins and pin 1 to 1 and 2 to 2 etc do not ring out. Surely if one them was incorrect but not all three. I'm listening at the analog method at the moment and that works fine. As anyone got any idea what's going on ?

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #8,455 of 9,406
This amp arrived yesterday but i'm having difficulty connecting the SP1000 with the USB. I got a the printer cable and coupled it with the power cable of the sp1000 but nothing is happening. The amp says usb - no signal and the settings on the sp1000 is not an option. I bought the coupler from amazon (3 pack) and i've put a meter on the pins and pin 1 to 1 and 2 to 2 etc do not ring out. Surely if one them was incorrect but not all three. I'm listening at the analog method at the moment and that works fine. As anyone got any idea what's going on ?
For your printer cable, you need a OTG USB C cable with a USB A female on the other end. Put your sp1000 player in USB audio mode

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #8,456 of 9,406
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #8,457 of 9,406
You'd need something with USB C connector on one end and USB 2.0 B connector on the other end. Like this cable: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Printer-USB-C-Black/dp/B00VKSF39O

You must have been trying to connect a USB C to USB A cable from the SP1000 to the Focal Arche. Since the USB A port on the Arche is only for firmware updates, that is why you weren't getting any sound from it. It's not an audio input.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #8,458 of 9,406
You'd need something with USB C connector on one end and USB 2.0 B connector on the other end. Like this cable: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Printer-USB-C-Black/dp/B00VKSF39O

You must have been trying to connect a USB C to USB B cable from the SP1000 to the Focal Arche. Since the USB A port on the Arche is only for firmware updates, that is why you weren't getting any sound from it. It's not an audio input.

since he mentioned about a printer cable, I am guessing he didn’t got that wrong.
Anyways, @supermj, yeah that cable should work

Aug 15, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #8,459 of 9,406
since he mentioned about a printer cable, I am guessing he didn’t got that wrong.
Anyways, @supermj, yeah that cable should work

Well normally a standard printer cable is one with USB A on one end and USB B on the other. Such a cable would be unusable for connecting SP1000 to Arche, as the SP1000 has a USB C connector on it, not B connector of any kind.

Also, that cable he linked isn't going to work unless he connects a printer cable to it, to end up with a B connector on the other side.

At that point he might as well get the cable I linked to, instead of trying to make some silly connection that makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #8,460 of 9,406
Well normally a standard printer cable is one with USB A on one end and USB B on the other. Such a cable would be unusable for connecting SP1000 to Arche, as the SP1000 has a USB C connector on it, not B connector of any kind.

Also, that cable he linked isn't going to work unless he connects a printer cable to it, to end up with a B connector on the other side.

At that point he might as well get the cable I linked to, instead of trying to make some silly connection that makes no sense at all.

I understand what you mean, as long as the cable you linked can trigger the OTG mode, it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back