New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Apr 28, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #8,116 of 9,406
houla !!!! when looking at the screen of your computer, I'm wondering if your music is identically organized in your DAP ! if so, may be that is why it is not possible for you to copy past the XAPK 😂😂😂
I'm happy for you that you have time to order your desktop. :wink:
I will try to improve.
However, this was not the help I needed.
Thanks anyway

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #8,117 of 9,406
When I select Library : MY DEVICE and SPEAKER my Linn streamer, it is not possible to play music from my open service Tidal app over my home system. Is there a way to come around about this?
Content of SP1000 it self is played well, why does this not work for the Tidal app?

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #8,118 of 9,406
Sorry,
I think I followed the instructions correctly, but something is not working. Can you tel me where am I wrong?
I did the first two steps

But

I can't install XAPK.....

Stupid question: are you running firmware version 1.52CM on your A&K?(is first stable firmware version in wich xapk installer is added as installeble apk). I always remove the zip of the last installation as I put a new version in the open service folder. What is SP1000_Contents for?
Music I kopied on internal memory are in the Music folder, Stored offline Tidal content and installed apk's are in Windows Finder not shown.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #8,119 of 9,406
Hi mates, I guess the answer is yes but just in case... is there any option to adjust the balance in ultima series, specifically in the sp1000m?

Thx.

Edit: Solved, downloaded the instructions book and it's there.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #8,121 of 9,406
Sorry,
I think I followed the instructions correctly, but something is not working. Can you tel me where am I wrong?
I did the first two steps
Schermata 2020-04-28 alle 12.19.13.png
But
IMG_7110.jpg

I can't install XAPK.....

Schermata 2020-04-28 alle 12.26.45.png

Hi,

so, I’m no expert, but is your firmware up to date?

Also, did you try to restart the device after transferring the files? Maybe it needs to refresh the services folder

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #8,123 of 9,406
Hi,

is there any option to switch sort order in Album and Genre view to interpret instead of album title?

Thanks
So this is a difficult one. Since all users have different needs in a media server, the settings are always wrong for a part of the users.
To work around this problem you could choose to put all music, of one interpret in the same folder (in sub folders per album) when you copy your music to your A&K memory.
Search on folder mode and all the albums are there. I use this for dsd files, usually not tagged at all.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #8,124 of 9,406
Thanks @mdpu - I have my files physically organized as you recommended. I though like the way AK presents my library within their UI. And yes, there are several options to sort in genre and album view. Unfortunately they have chosen one static option.

@JasonNYC maybe this is something that can be challenged with the dev team. I think sort order by album title OR artist should at least be selectable.

I wouldn't have this problem, if I were able to finally use my AK as roo ... ups ... I did it again :D

May 4, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #8,129 of 9,406
I downloaded Qobuz 5.8.0.1 but it is not working at al, the previous version was working but sometimes giving hard time to start

so what shoul i do? Give up Qobuz and stick Tidal? I have both
I am fond of Tidal generally, I had some conflicts thou. De-authorising off-line content, one’s after update and one time on a bad Camping WIFI.
No Tidal rest of the holiday, grrrrrrrrrr
So on Tidal app has to be done some work in authorisasion proces.

May 5, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #8,130 of 9,406
Is there a way to play my albums chronologically and not alphabetically on the sp1000m?
Or am i missing something?
So if i go into menu/artist/rush
It will play the albums alphabetically and i would like to play them in the year they were released
Thanks inadvance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back