New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Apr 1, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #7,966 of 9,406
good to read that They are aware of the issu.
i consider that the Only way to Resolve this is to find a solution with playlist issue On these Daps.

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #7,967 of 9,406
AK is a class act. Engineers can't do everything for everyone. We aren't all going to get exactly what we want (personally, I wish the SP1000 didn't stream, as I see a lot of their attention going in that direction and I don't stream). Others want the streaming more than anything else. When engineers change things, or fix things, or alter things, sometimes other things inadvertently get changed as well. That's what's been going on with playlists. It'll get worked out.

Apr 1, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #7,969 of 9,406
So now my Tidal download destination to my sd card vanished again after I was able to download to the sd 1 tb card this morning.

Just wow.
This is most likely related to an issue with the latest firmware update. We will be pushing out an updated firmware update sometime in the next few days to fix the issue.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 2, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #7,971 of 9,406
New firmware was pulled for the SP2000, SP1000, SP1000M and SE100. They have found the issue and will be releasing an updated firmware in the next few days. I should have more info late tonight.
To JasonNYC,

Did you pick up my remark about the lack of gapples play of music while streaming from your owne dlna media-server?

yours mdp

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #7,972 of 9,406
Get method to draw a fw from headfier.
Basically, a fw has launched, it can be saved and store personally.
Manually flash it to spk is simply w/o special tool and fw are offical.
As like iphone users, some of them prefer to come back old fw after an unstable update than watting for Apple.
May not post here but PM welcome.

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #7,974 of 9,406
So I went to Amazon,downloaded an album onto the sd card and turned off wifi. It played . Turned off the DAP. Turned on an hour later ,wifi off. It doesn't show downloaded and cant play it offline. This is the same behavior I have with Tidal .This only started after the last AK software update

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #7,975 of 9,406
Why would you download anything onto the sd card? It's clear the new fw messed up the device's ability to read some things from it. So wait another day or two for an update and we should be good. Jason said the engineers found the issue. In the meantime, put whatever on the internal and there should be no issue.

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #7,977 of 9,406
Lots of expensive things have issues. Costing a lot doesn't mean everything always works correctly. As to streaming, the SP1000 was originally not really meant for that. Market pressure brought more of it to the device (which did not please me), but they are trying to adapt firmware to make it all work. AND adapt firmware to work with a bunch of other company's products as well, which is never a good idea. There are now lots of DAPs built to stream. The SP1000 was not one of them.

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #7,978 of 9,406
Why would you download anything onto the sd card? It's clear the new fw messed up the device's ability to read some things from it. So wait another day or two for an update and we should be good. Jason said the engineers found the issue. In the meantime, put whatever on the internal and there should be no issue.
I wanted to see if the problem was exclusively a Tidal issue or if it applied to other apps as well. I just bought the sp1000m and it sounds fantastic . I'm a little concerned about the software side,.I have never had issues like this with Hiby , a much cheaper DAP.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #7,980 of 9,406
One of the reason I buy AK vs ibasso/Fiio etc is the software or it was, non problematic working device without software issues
We pay for more not just for the better sound but build quality, hassle free operation etc
so expensive things needs to have less issues in my opinion, we pay more for more resources to build a decent after sales care, RnD, bigger software team etc along with higher profit margins
So 3500$ raises your expectations that everything promised works flawless
Maybe it just me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back