New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Dec 28, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #7,668 of 9,406
If you send, they wil not accept to refurbish. No brand do that.

lol.. a lot of brands do though. Of course you need to pay for replacements parts

Dec 28, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #7,672 of 9,406
Where were you downloaded that or It is a backup of your SP1K?

Idk know how to extract fw on a running device. Fw file will be existing in device's root directory during OTA update procedure in which you stop at just begining of final step (just dont click on Acceptance installation). It remains untill next time restart.

Is it the same for SE100 ?
You know galaxy S10 can not operate by S9's firmware. So above fw is not for your dap

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #7,673 of 9,406
Both spkm/spk provide 2.1 Vrms output power at 32 Ohm on 3,5 mm which is equal to 137 mW. That is quite lower in comparison to similar DAPs (n6ii A01 - 245 mW; Lotoo 6000 - 300 mW, Cayin n8 - 400 mW; sp2k -3Vrms/281 mW).

I suppose, 2.1 Vrms/137 mW is more than enough for sensible IEMs with low impedance (CA Solaris. Anole VX), but what about full-sized headphones?

Dec 28, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #7,674 of 9,406
Both spkm/spk provide 2.1 Vrms output power at 32 Ohm on 3,5 mm which is equal to 137 mW. That is quite lower in comparison to similar DAPs (n6ii A01 - 245 mW; Lotoo 6000 - 300 mW, Cayin n8 - 400 mW; sp2k -3Vrms/281 mW).

I suppose, 2.1 Vrms/137 mW is more than enough for sensible IEMs with low impedance (CA Solaris. Anole VX), but what about full-sized headphones?

Hd800s sounds loud enough at 1.4V

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #7,675 of 9,406
I would recommend rebooting your wifi access point. If that does not fix the issue, try doing a settings reset on the player. It will clear all settings, but will not erase any files on the player. It will need to reindex everything again once the device reboots, which could take up to 10 minutes.
I can't connect to wifi at all. Message says check my connection - my connection is fine on all other devices I use. Will doing a settings reset erase my playlists? Thanks.

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #7,676 of 9,406
sp1000 1.41 firmware update and should you upgrade

This is for sp1000 and sp1000m only. Heard from someone who owns the sp2000 that firmware update is to 1.16cm.

For me is 1.41CN as reside in Hong Kong

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #7,677 of 9,406
HI all. I have a new SP1000 arriving this week. I was very excited but may have jumped too quickly without enough research.

I have fast fiber internet service and keep my library on a Synology running Minimserver. I was upgrading hoping I could stream my library to the SP1000 over WAN when I’m traveling?

I thought the new Open App Service would make this possible. On closer inspection it seems only approved apps are allowed all being streaming services with no alternative players offered.

I understand A&K might want to control the user experience and sound quality so they might not offer alternative players. Can you side load unapproved apk files such as USB Audio Player Pro that would make streaming possible?

I thought of an alternative, it would be easy to vpn to my house so AK Connect would see Minimserver as local. Can you set that up in the WiFi settings? I know that you couldn’t on the older AK models.

I also realize I’ve written six paragraphs in a row that start with “I”. Hope writing quality isn’t required, lol. Any thoughts from those with more experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #7,678 of 9,406
HI all. I have a new SP1000 arriving this week. I was very excited but may have jumped too quickly without enough research.

I have fast fiber internet service and keep my library on a Synology running Minimserver. I was upgrading hoping I could stream my library to the SP1000 over WAN when I’m traveling?

I thought the new Open App Service would make this possible. On closer inspection it seems only approved apps are allowed all being streaming services with no alternative players offered.

I understand A&K might want to control the user experience and sound quality so they might not offer alternative players. Can you side load unapproved apk files such as USB Audio Player Pro that would make streaming possible?

I thought of an alternative, it would be easy to vpn to my house so AK Connect would see Minimserver as local. Can you set that up in the WiFi settings? I know that you couldn’t on the older AK models.

I also realize I’ve written six paragraphs in a row that start with “I”. Hope writing quality isn’t required, lol. Any thoughts from those with more experience would be appreciated. Thanks!
UAPP cannot be used due to the lack of Play Store on AK devices. I have already run multiple rounds with their support to provide an apk install file without any luck.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #7,679 of 9,406
sp1000 1.41 firmware update and should you upgrade

This is for sp1000 and sp1000m only. Heard from someone who owns the sp2000 that firmware update is to 1.16cm.

For me is 1.41CN as reside in Hong Kong

I am still on 1.20CM (sp1k) bcs I want to continue using youtube, netflix... on my dap.
Can I ask a question: Those app still running on newer FW?
(I dont need more app bcs side loaded all I need).
Thanks and thank for the tip

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #7,680 of 9,406
With the SP1000 + SP1000AMP, and a Silver cable, the ZMF verite Closed is adictive.... :wink: & sound better than with the A&K SP2000 that I compared recently ! ( but SP2000 sound better with IEMs)

Indeed, I just received my DHC Silver cable re-wired with mini-XLR and... I confirm that with the DHC pure Silver cable, the ZMF Verite Closed sound much better than with the ZMF Copper cable.

This " Molecule Elite Silver - 8 wires » DHC cable was very expensive but...is a killer !

10406950.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back