New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Oct 26, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #7,382 of 9,406
Really? I don't remember it taking that long. Even in the unboxing videos it took around 11 seconds only from the moment the logo appears to load into the home screen.
-7 seconds from static logo to the logo that start turning and 4 seconds for logo turning into home screen.

For mine it took around 25 seconds from the moment the logo appears to load into the home screen
- 9 seconds from static logo to the logo that start turning, and another 16 seconds for logo turning into home screen.
Mine taked longer then that. Old 240 was the same.

Oct 26, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #7,383 of 9,406
I tried it but waste if time for me as cannot stream from folders.

You can setup room to use multiple folders as a source. I know that there are issues with mac os Catalina right now that they are working on.

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #7,384 of 9,406
Really? I don't remember it taking that long. Even in the unboxing videos it took around 11 seconds only from the moment the logo appears to load into the home screen.
-7 seconds from static logo to the logo that start turning and 4 seconds for logo turning into home screen.

For mine it took around 25 seconds from the moment the logo appears to load into the home screen
- 9 seconds from static logo to the logo that start turning, and another 16 seconds for logo turning into home screen.
Mine is about the same as yours

I’ve set the automatic power off after 2 hours though which resolved most inconveniences for me

Oct 26, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #7,385 of 9,406
Is anyone have the Update.hex file for 1.19 or 1.20? appreciate!

I am on 1.20CM
Did you ROOT your unit to browser to .hex ?
I enter folders but no .hex there.
There are txt files config audio and video, samsung exynos cpu perfomance...
Since I used to edit config files on my smartphones, I guess something as I got...
But this is 3.5K dap, I dont touch any thing.

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #7,386 of 9,406
I thought they timed from the start of pressing the wheel.

Mine taked longer then that. Old 240 was the same.

Mine is about the same as yours

I’ve set the automatic power off after 2 hours though which resolved most inconveniences for me

Really? All of your SP1000/M also take 25-30 seconds to boot into home screen?

and few others I saw total boot time only 11 seconds..

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #7,387 of 9,406
Considering you are running the latest fw with all the updates, SP1000 and SP2000 take about 20sec to fully boot up, timed from when A appears on the screen after you press the power.

When you are looking at older reviews and YT videos, keep in mind those were probably published before Open APP Service was introduced. In my SP1000 SS/CU review from a year ago I also mentioned about 10-11 second boot up, but it was before Open APP Service. Now, with all the latest fw updates, both SPK and SP2k take twice as long.

Oct 26, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #7,388 of 9,406
Considering you are running the latest fw with all the updates, SP1000 and SP2000 take about 20sec to fully boot up, timed from when A appears on the screen after you press the power.

When you are looking at older reviews and YT videos, keep in mind those were probably published before Open APP Service was introduced. In my SP1000 SS/CU review from a year ago I also mentioned about 10-11 second boot up, but it was before Open APP Service. Now, with all the latest fw updates, both SPK and SP2k take twice as long.

Ahh ok, that explains it. I was worried something was wrong with mine since after I dropped it, my screen was stuck at the booting logo screen for more than 5 mins. After multiple restarts still the same, stuck at logo and won’t go to home screen. After 1 hour later only i managed to get inside the home screen...

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #7,389 of 9,406
@JasonNYC do SE100 and SP1000 share the same processor+RAM? I could swear the SP1000 intried in the shop felt a little snappier.

Oct 27, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #7,390 of 9,406
I am on 1.20CM
Did you ROOT your unit to browser to .hex ?
I enter folders but no .hex there.
There are txt files config audio and video, samsung exynos cpu perfomance...
Since I used to edit config files on my smartphones, I guess something as I got...
But this is 3.5K dap, I dont touch any thing.
its a simple way to save the .hex file, just dont confirm the update when the firmware download finishing, go to the root dir to get the update.hex, thats what we want

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #7,391 of 9,406
its a simple way to save the .hex file, just dont confirm the update when the firmware download finishing, go to the root dir to get the update.hex, thats what we want
You want it?
OK, I can supply link later.
Anyhow I trust on OTA update than side load flashing firmware imagine file by Android recovery mode.

Edit: here link as you need. Use with your own risk!

Edit2. The link was SP1000 verison 1.31
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15mzdS26DNzLyVreVT-JkjHS52GRVjCnP/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #7,393 of 9,406
Can anyone help me time how long it takes your AK to boot up into the home screen once you press to on? Mine is taking unusually long... nearly 30 seconds the moment I press and hold the button...
21 seconds from when the A appears. I didn't time it from when I pressed the wheel.

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #7,395 of 9,406
Are we all speaking of SP1000 only? And I wonder if age of the device factors in, or amount of files contained within it. Still around 20 seconds seems "normal." If considerably longer, maybe try a hard reset to clean things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back