1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Toolman, May 15, 2017.
First

Back
439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448
450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459
Next

Last
  1. beemarman
    It does work, but the Quboz Andriod app is not very stable. When downloading a lot of files it seems to take ages, and then crashes. Even when starting the app it sometimes crashes as well. Sometimes, it even forces the Spk1000 to reboot for no reason. I removed it and now use Tidal only.

I'm hoping Quboz would release an updated version of Quboz that would iron out these problems.

2. S Crowther
    I meant sq.
    Amps obviously cannot improve sq but they can surely degrade it: as I understand things all amplification introduces an element of distortion, it is a question of what kind and how much.

3. Arion128
    well done!

4. Arion128
    Sp1000 firmware upgrade and what extra functions does it offer, also does tips and tricks 3 and 4 still work after the firmware upgrade

TYATYA and SoundBytes like this.
  5. Arion128
    Here is what the sp1000 amp contains and how to connect to sp1000 player

junix likes this.
  6. Samuel777
    Shall we charge the DAP with the AMP connected or shall we charge each separately ?
    @JasonNYC what is recommended for batteries health ?

thanks

7. TYATYA
    Thanks!
    Installing apk trick is really wonderfull

Btw, I installed google play but it doesnt run

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  8. 329161
    It is, but does it void the warranty?

9. TYATYA
    IMO no affect to warranty. Atleast nothing mentioned that.
    Watch youtube on SP1k! Well.
    I am trying to install UAPP. Yes, intalled but license is a trouble even apk extracted from my account on smartphone.
    Google play installed but google service may need too

UPDATE :
    SP1K sounds so good by NeutronMp.
    Both Neutron and Uapp have finiest parametric eq out there. Lucky that they does not like meaningless stock eq.
    But Uapp on the dap is not yet succesfully runs.
    HF player which has special feature pcm to dsd realtime conversion (only Onkyo and Teac app own that feature).
    Bad thing that it won't work by the dap alone. It require ext dac

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    329161 and bidn like this.
  10. xtiva
    Just got the Sp1000 but find using DAC mode from Windows 10 PC seems to make sound a little thinner then listening same song straight from the device itself?
    Exact same song but sound a little worse using DAC mode? Or is it just me?

11. Fafner
    So if I read right it is possible to install Neutron? Is that explained in that video? Will have to check how.
    Or can someone give a small written hint? Thx!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  12. Arion128
    Yes it should work (as TYATYA member seems to be using it and enjoying it, I tried with Candy crash the game and that works. Obviously the Neutron app is a music app......,Anyway good luck

Here is the video to install an app on the sp1000

13. Arion128
    Just like the ak380 with amp, You can charge both together without unplugging them. When it is charging, it should have a white light at the bottom. Also remember once its fully charged, to then unplug it from battery. I then use it like normal and then charge again when needed. The player should know when to stop charging. The only reason that I unplugged it is to prolong the battery life if a device as all rechargeable batteries can be charged so many times before it degrades. Hope this helps.

14. 329161
    Where did you get the APK for UAPP? I've been looking for this everywhere. I agree the Toneboosters EQ is awesome. Kills the inadequate AK EQ. Morphit is very useful if you own a lot of headphones.

15. TYATYA

In short, to install non supporting app like neutronmp we use a supporting app ex. Spotify app

1. Get on the internet *.apk of neutronmp and sportify then keep both in TWO folder on your laptop.
    2. Rename both to be a SAME name . Any name can use ok but for ease, let set spotify.apk
    3. Connect dap to laptop by usb cable
    3. Copy (real) spotify.apk to the local memory of the dap (/SP1000 internal memory/OpenService)
    4. On the dap, go to Setting > Service. Confirm that Spotify is there with a arrow icon (mean not yet install). It now accepted by the dap.
    Do not touch.
    5. On the laptop, now delete (real)spotify.apk from SP1000 internal memory/OpenService
    6. Now copy (fake) spotify.apk (which actually is Neutronmp) to there on the dap
    7. On the dap, touch the Spotify app you saw on step 4
    Then neutronmp app will start installing!

If you want to see video, refer to Arion128 post

aklwarrior and yaslam like this.
First

Back
439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448
450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459
Next

Last