1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Toolman, May 15, 2017.
First

Back
434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
Next

Last
  1. Fafner
    I'm still torn between selling my Sp1000 and upgrading to the SP2000 or just getting the amp for the Sp1000.

2. emrelights1973
    Me too, I wonder what amp will bring to utopia/stellia duo

3. rwelles
    One of the improvements in the latest firmware is the ability to play ALAC files gapless!! Thanks @JasonNYC for taking requests!!!:L3000::L3000:

4. madFloyd
    Thanks to all those who responded to my question about walking around with an SP1000. I now have one. I can walk with this, especially considering the sound quality. I'm pretty blown away (I'm coming from an AK240SS and the difference is not subtle).

I'm using Shure SE535s which are a lot cleaner than I ever gave then credit for (the distortion I was hearing must have been the 240). I'm sure I can do better than the 535s and I guess that will be my next search.

5. Maximiliano Campo
    Hi all, I got the external USB DAC to work finally on my SP1000M. One issue though, the volume is set as fixed on max level 150. Turning the volume wheel doesn't adjust the volume. Does anyone know how to correct it or take it off the fixed max level please? 20190629_012620.jpg

6. kel77
    It is fixed. You will have to control the volume from your external DAC.

7. Maximiliano Campo
    Thanks, shame really because the external DAC is the Audeze Isine20 Cipher cable. The in line volume on the wire doesn't work.

8. kel77
    Not sure why you want to do that. Isn't it better to run the isine20 from the 3.5mm output of SP1000m

9. Maximiliano Campo
    So many people are saying the cipher cable blows the 3.5mm cable away and that the tuning of the cable is unrivalled by any other source, so I want to test that out myself to see if it really is better than the SP1000m own sound. I don't have any Apple devices to connect the cipher cable to so thought to buy the new USB-C compatible extension Anker have recently released.

More out of curiosity than anything.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  10. kel77
    The DAC on the SP1000m is superior to that of the cipher cable. If you are connecting it through the USB audio out, you are bypassing the SP1000m DAC.

Maximiliano Campo and bidn like this.
  11. TYATYA
    What humans are hearing is not dac nor amp nor inear.... but combination.
    So hearing = error + erro + error
    To got close as close to zero, each error need to be minimum.
    In the case each error can compensate the other, zero is obtained.

I don't think that sp1000m is need a inear which to compensate it. It can sound good on many inear.
    The matter is the inear.
    Does the maker of isine series make the dac/amp module for its self? Yes.

Thinking that, I believe what you post can happen.
    I am also sure that the cipher wont sound goods on my inear stuffs

Maximiliano Campo likes this.
  12. madFloyd
    Question for anyone who might know: is there a way to scroll through an artist's albums without seeing all the tracks listed?

For example if I just view ALBUMS then I can browse via cover art, but if I choose ARTIST, then I'm seeing all the tracks when I'd prefer to see only the albums.

Thanks.

13. JasonNYC
    Not yet, but I was told last week this will be changed in the next firmware update after many requests from people on Head-Fi.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
    junix, PC_345, Dionysus and 4 others like this.
  14. madFloyd
    Thank you, Jason.

15. NovaFlyer
    Thanks, looking forward to the firmware update :ksc75smile:

First

Back
434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443
445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454
Next

Last