New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Nov 5, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #4,396 of 9,406
If it is corruption, figure out if it's on the internal memory, the disk, or both. Then examine workflow (HOW you transfer). Try to narrow it down.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #4,397 of 9,406
If it is corruption, figure out if it's on the internal memory, the disk, or both. Then examine workflow (HOW you transfer). Try to narrow it down.
I don't have a Micro SD card installed, it's only the internal SP1000 memory.
I use the AK branded usb cable that came with the sp1000, then I drag and drop with both PC music folder and SP1000 music folder opened. What do I need to pay attention to/what do I need to do differently?

Thanks for the attention.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #4,398 of 9,406
I have a Mac and have to use one of two apps to pull music over. If your PC allows you to simply drag and drop, maybe someone else can jump in re that method.

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #4,399 of 9,406
Does anyone else's device randomly reset every now and then?

Also, another question: Do ya'll prefer DOP or PCM for the USB mode?

Yes! I had this problem and it's hugely annoying. Jason kindly tried to help but they don't have an answer so the next course of action was to send the unit. I haven't done this because the problem seems to have gone away ever since I got rid of the SD card and used internal storage instead. So there may still be a fault...

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #4,402 of 9,406
Jason, how does one update streaming apps on the SE100? I don't see that covered in the user's manual.

Should there be a separate SP1000M thread?... or it's better to leave it combined with the SP1000?

I ask because I just ordered SP1000M to replace my SE100 & DX200. :ksc75smile:

Keeping it all as one is better in my opinion

Nov 10, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #4,403 of 9,406
I have an SP1000 player and just wanted to check that it will work using a Sandisk 512 micro SD card? I currently use a 256 micro SD card which is fine but am interested in investing in a larger capacity card. Does anyone know if this will be OK?

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #4,405 of 9,406
Should there be a separate SP1000M thread?... or it's better to leave it combined with the SP1000?

I ask because I just ordered SP1000M to replace my SE100 & DX200. :ksc75smile:

Me too spkm to replace se100.
Sound quality with mobility ,good choice.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #4,408 of 9,406
Who know? How to connect ak by dac mode with iDevice?

I found this picture on Alex’s post.

I’m own spkm and try to connect like this ,but not success

Credit Kamometica on twitter
B2FBC6F2-C223-4781-997F-CBBE6A92FC2A.jpeg

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #4,409 of 9,406
I need help. I just received the SP1000M. I have not prior experience with AK devices or a portable DAP for that matter. I have an iMac computer. I downloaded the MQS Streamer because the manual said to do that. It immediately displayed the MUSIC folder from my iMac and scanned all of the files. My Sp1000m is connected to the Mac via the cable that came with it. I believe it is USB3.0 to USBc. At least it has a large end and a smaller end. I have no clue how to get music files onto the AK SP1000m. When I tap on the Music Folder displayed in the MQS program nothing happens. If I try to drag a music folder onto the MQS display, it says it is already there, but it sure isn't on my AK DAP. Help please, please. I'm not enjoying this.
Update: I downloaded Android File Transfer. That seems to be working. At least it quickly showed me files on my sp1000m and I was able to drag a music folder to the device. Here's hoping!
Update 2: Yes, that seems to have been the trick. I now have the files on the DAP. So what is the purpose of the MQS server? Sorry I'm so ignorant on all of this. I just love rendering of recordings, but am woefully uninformed on the software end of it.

BTW, the music sounds wonderfully real through the DAP to my A18t's through the unbalanced connector. Will things change much if I get a balanced adapter connector?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #4,410 of 9,406
BTW, the music sounds wonderfully real through the DAP to my A18t's through the unbalanced connector. Will things change much if I get a balanced adapter connector?
DO NOT use a balanced adapter. You will/could damage your player. You need a balanced cable to your headphones/IEMs to use the balanced output.

If unbalanced is well designed (and on A&K players it is), it will be similar in quality to balanced. It may sound slightly different. Whether it's better or not wiil depend on your preferences. However, if you're having a problem driving your headphones with enough power, using a balanced cable to the balanced output could/should improve sound quality significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back