1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Toolman, May 15, 2017.
First

Back
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
Next

Last
  1. dhc0329
    I am not sure if I can all agree with ciem being better. I had a18 before and now u18. I couldn't be happier in all aspect including sound.

2. davidmolliere
    Sure happens, especially since 64 Audio still has transfer and reshell that's a good move

3. bmichels
    why ? can you explain ? was the custom UNConfortable ? bad fit may be ?

4. xxx1313
    It did not try them together but I am quite sure that SP1000 (and SP1000M) will not drive Abyss Diana well single ended. Probably it will not even play loud enough. I also doubt that the balanced output has enough power to drive Diana well, with enough headroom. I also take the liberty to add, that there are better and easier to drive headphones than Diana, much better suited for being used in combination with the best DAP around, the SP1000.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  5. olddude
    I have a UERM (custom) and a Zeus XR (uni) and I like both. A good fit is a good fit. I don't buy into it has to be a custom to be "the best."

6. dhc0329
    I had custom since JH days and didn't think I had a fit issue but never felt comfortable putting ciem in/out either. I really didn't feel much difference
    in sound so not why just uiem. Not just with iem but with the daps, amps cables, etc the differences we get from putting all this effort and spending
    more $$$ are very subtle, yet we are willing to do it for that short lived high...

7. greenmountain
    My AK120 can drive the Diana loud enough (obviously single ended) at a volume level 70 when my iSine 10s need 63 to get the approximately same loudness. I get better sound (and more headroom) hooking up my Mojo (but that applies to any headphone I own).

xxx1313 likes this.
  8. xxx1313
    Really? Thanks for the clarification. It seems that I am listening much too loud. I would still say that one should definitely drive the Diana balanced on SP1000, which is valid form any planar headphone that I ever tried.

9. PhilW
    I find it amazing how they managed to up the balanced output over the original sp1000 player. I'm looking forward to receiving mine a admit.

The form factor is awesome on the mobile.

10. LightSaber
    Hi, I'm living in Europe and I'm looking to buy a nice cable to put my SP1000 (balanced) to my stereo pre amp. BUT I cannot find one.
    Does someone know what/whick cable I need and where I can buy it (if possible in The Netherlands).
    Already thanks.

11. bmichels
    I sent you a PM

Well, to have a real balanced signal, you need the following cable: PERF 21. it plug into the 2 connectors since it get the signal from the 2,5MM and the ground from the 3,5mm. It is quite expensive but very high quality. And it come in a nice wooden box...

PEF21.png

I bought one in the past when I was using my SP as my source for my BHSE electrostatic AMP. Now that I have a home music server (Auralic Aries), I do not need it anymore. Let me know if you are interested (see picture that I took of my cable).

IMG_4887.jpg IMG_4888.jpg

SP1000-BHSE back.jpg

SP1000 + BHSE.JPG

12. Mr.Max.
    Jason,
    sorry for this trivial question .... but I did not understand what will change with the new upgrade.
    I already see and use TIDAL on my SP1000. Will it only change the possibility of using high quality audio, have TIDAL music off-line
    and MQA? ... or what else?
    Thanks

13. ksalno
    I got mine from Moon Audio in the US. They have two different version, one is $125 and one is $175. They will also customize if you need different connectors or length. https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-portable-interconnect-v3.html silver-dragon-portable-interconnect-v3-ak-pee11-balanced-connector-50.jpg

14. JasonNYC
    @Mr.Max. The embedded Tidal app does not have offline mode. If you install the Tidal Android app via OpenAPK, you will get offline capabilities, video and any other features that are only available on the smartphone version of Tidal app.

Since we currently do not support MQA, Tidal Masters will not be available on either the embedded app or the one installed via the OpenAPK service.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
  15. Mr.Max.
    OK. Thanks a lot

First

Back
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
Next

Last