New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Toolman, May 15, 2017.
  1. ctsooner22
    Love you guys. I'll try this. Sounds like I need to just get a usb reader to make it all easier.

2. ctsooner22
    Let me see if I can get it set p and then I"ll ask questions as they come up I guess. Do I need to drag and drop each specific song from the play lists that were set up for me, or do I drag and drop the file that he has all those songs in? Again, sorry for being uniformed, but I'll pay it forward I promise. Thanks

3. wldcohso
    I sure do miss using my SP1000.. sold nearly everything to get Tia Fourte, day after I purchased them they launch their new Products... dont think I can wait until February 4-5 for canjam.. ugh... no music at work sucks...

4. TYATYA
    More clairity is not same meaning musical. It is clear that SP1000 has high level of detail and clarity, but, that doest sound musically compare to Hdvd800 amp.
    SP1000 -> HD800s is much less musical sound than insert Hdvd800 amp between the two. Sacrify clariy for more musically sound. For ak380 comparision, I think the same thing happened

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. wldcohso
    Just so I understand you, are you saying the SP1000 has more clarity but HDVD800 is more musical to your ears?

6. haiku
    Nope, I listen with the ALO CDM tube amp.

7. TYATYA
    Yes right. That was the same in another configuation : SP1000 -> KSA1500.

8. wldcohso
    This is exactly what I heared as well (sold HDVD800) I’ve been using the Hugo for two weeks now and it’s a really nice sound signature but I’m definitely getting the HDV820 soon because I really enjoyed the HDVD800...

9. olddude
    You can do either. Folders would be quicker but you can drag a single song as well. However,you should really organize your files in folders for easy access

10. ctsooner22
    Yes they are in 4 folders. Do I need to do something about the hidden Apple files that were mentioned if I just drag folders filled with music files?

11. olddude
    Yes you do. Use google to find out how.

12. ctsooner22
    K, thanks. about to order the reader.

13. Gavin C4
    A wonderful way to start the day.
    Great case, love the texture love the colour.
    IMG_3004.JPG

ranfan, knopi, Deftone and 5 others like this.
  14. ctsooner22
    Does look great. Congrats

15. korvin12
    Sorry for being noob guys, but whats the sound differences between ss & cu version?