1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New to this hobby, need recommendation entry level for desktop use

1. chris2k18
    New to this hobby, need recommendation entry level for desktop use

2. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    1. How much can you spend?

2. What sort of compromises to the sound can you live with?

3. chris2k18
    willing to spend around 1000$, i listen mostly to rock music, i plan to use it my office so headphone or iem i think what its called would be nice & external dac/amp.

4. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    What sort of compromises to the sound can you live with?

5. chris2k18
    Other than the bass willing to sacrifice everything else but not too much.

6. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    If you mean you want "really strong bass," there's the Superlux HD660, and just get something like a Schiit Modi3 or Magni3. Or if you want something with strong bass but also has good and smooth midrange to treble there's the LCD-2C; you can use it with the same DAC and HPamp but I'd personally run it with an AudioGD NFB-11.

If you want an IEM you should probably look into the Shure SE535 or some others like the QDC Neptune (haven't tried this out yet), and get a relatively affordable DAC-HPamp since they don't need a lot of power. If you go with the Shures though double check how they are with the DAC-HPamp or other devices because the high sensitivity and low impedance on top of other driver qualities easily makes for audible hissing.