New to the forum: just saying hi!!!!
Feb 28, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #16 of 23
Welcome. If you just face your fears and realize that any audio hobby will never let you rest, then you'll be fine.

Enjoy!

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #17 of 23
Welcome, and sorry about your wallet.

I came here a while back looking to replace my Sony V6s (my old pair from 1990 broke around 1996 and I finally found a replacement 2 years ago, only to be disappointed by the sound).

I started with what has to be the #1 gateway drug, er can, the SR60. Then came the PX100 for "on the go" and "at work" listening. Soon the Beyerdynamic DT880 followed, for "serious, critical" listening. Then came the super.fi 5 pro for great IEM "on-the-go, block out the street noise while maintaining reasonably low volumes" use.

Now I'm looking to upgrade the PX100 at work with perhaps an Alessandro MS1, since I still primarily use [and love] my SR60 at home (I only take out the DT880 for special occasions). If I do end up buying it, and liking it more than the 60s, I'll switch out and use the 60s at work and the MS1s at home. If I can free up $99
biggrin.gif

Again, sorry about your wallet.

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #18 of 23
Welcome and sorry about your wallet. I sold all of my equipment last year to buy $900 custom earphones, which can't be sold, in an attempt to walk away. It worked for a while, but I recently got sucked back in. The future is looking poor for you
orphsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:31 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ko Nectic Jazz
Here, we don't say "hi" or "hello".
We say : "I want headphones !!!!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
"

biggrin.gif

Alright Ko Nectic Jazz, ummm, give me YOUR headphones, or I'll cut ya
very_evil_smiley.gif

and, JMcMasterJ, you bought 900 dollar headphones to go with your sub-200 player. Your crazy. Well, maybe just more crazy than me. But, I understand. I come from a sq-based car audio background and I dabble in HT also. Esp. for car audio, the most important thing is speakers; def. NOT the place to skimp on (if you are going to skimp anywhere).

Anyways, thanks for the response guys. I ordered the ksc-75's and hd201's today from amazon
icon10.gif
but they said it won't be shipped until March 8th or 9th
mad.gif
which makes me think that they have neither in stock. I have never acutally ordered anything from amazon before (only dealers linked on amazon.com) so I'm thinking maybe they just "say" that so that I'm happy when my package arrives way earlier. Hopefully
icon10.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #22 of 23
Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum and the community (even though we do have flavors of the month which change twice a month).

"Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter" I remember reading that in the movie the Boondock Saints on a certain door, before a certain job...

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #23 of 23
Aw. It's just a little background hiss.

It kinda sounds like a real cymbal.

Clipping? what clipping?

Who wants an expansive soundstage anyway? Bah!

These will save you lots of cash!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back