New to IEMs, where to start?
Sep 9, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #32 of 39
Hibiki has huge soundstage, mid-range highly detailed and very textured mids and bass, clear treble, epic ciem like build for a measly $60
Jeez! I'll have to eventually try those as well!!

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #34 of 39
Just don't buy so many cheap earphones that you can't afford nice ones later lol.

THIS is a good point!

I recently got paid €800 for 45mins of work (don't ask) and MAY splurge on something nice...

The masters is in music production for games (there's a big game's community here in Dublin) and it will allow me to then do another masters in film scoring, which is the end goal I guess... Anyway, I'm being forced to listen to a LOT of music critically that I didn't make, which is something I haven't done is years and years, and it's fun... but it means finding gear that works in a meaningful way... thing sI can trust and a form factor that doesn't drive me mental.

Anyway, basically, I'm sure as I learn more about this I'll end up with something even more expensive. Lol. Isn't that always the way :wink:

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #35 of 39
Thanks!

Just saw this comment somehow... anyway, I'll DEFINITELY try these as well!! :) They seem very cool!

They're fantastic. The downsides are so minor, it's quibbling. Plus they take a variety of aftermarket tips that will refine the sound further.

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #36 of 39
Sep 24, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #37 of 39
The hibiki can hang with 600 dollar iems easily

No disrespect but this is a heck of a statement for $60 earphones.
I'm actually interested as I need a new beater but I'm very skeptical they can compete with let's say Campfire and Noble when it comes to sound quality, resolution etc. I'm not sure if your comment was serious but if it was, would you mind shedding some light and tell us how a $60 pair of earphones can compete with the $600 guys?
TIA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back