New to Buying "quality headphones" need help
Dec 30, 2008 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

christofu

New Head-Fier
Hi I am new to buying good quality and sounding IEM headphones and I was wondering if you guys could give me advice on what to buy between the $20-$30 range. I'm on a tight budget right now so I don't expect anything extraordinary but I want something a little better at least. So far I have had experience with the Skullcandy smokin headphones, sony fonotopia, and normal stock headphones. I usually listen to techno, hip-hop/rap, metal, rock, acoustic and I like more bass in my headphones. All suggestions are gladly welcomed. Thanks a lot for your help
o2smile.gif

P.S. If anyone has any IEM headphones for sale within that range ill consider that too =)

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #2 of 7
Pick up a pair of Koss KSC75. Best value at that price range.

You can mod them to really jack up the sound quality.

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 7
Also, and I forgot to mention these earlier, the JLab Audio JBuds J2 are a good bassy low-end IEM.

Find them on Amazon.com

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 7
AKG k324p. They can be found cheap and despite the fact that they share the same housing with Senn CX300 and Creative EP630, they're better IMHO. Deep but more controlled bass, stronger midrange and cleaner highs and after some burn-in they lose some sibilance. I listen mainly to all kinds of metal and they are perfect form me, I enjoy them even more than my ER6i. If you don't want to go with canalphones, + 1 for ksc75 or, even better, go with Senn PX100.
Hope this helps

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #6 of 7
Sound Magic PL-30. From what I've heard, I don' think you can go wrong with these... Find them on head-direct or Focal Price.

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 7
Ok narrowed my search down to V-Moda Bass Freq, AKG K324P, Jlabs J2 so far. Which one of these is best for more bass but still good sound quality for the mids and highs. Any other suggestions are still welcome and im still willing to pay up to $40 for a decent pair. Also I'm looking for IEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back