New Swan D1080MKII 08 lower channel doesn't flex like the old version?
Apr 16, 2011 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

clubkid

New Head-Fier
I just got the Swan D1080MKII 08 speakers in today and they look great and sound crisp and clear.  It definitely lacks bass even when the dial is maxed and my equalizer setting is set to high bass.  I know they aren't meant for bass but I wished it packed a little more punch.  I'll get a subwoofer one day when I can afford to spend more money.

Anyways, the new model has almost no flex on the lower channel compared to the old one seen in this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtTPAZT1aVE

I played the exact same songs (I youtube the actual songs), played heavy bass songs and adjust my EQ settings on iTunes, played it almost max volume to the point where my ears hurt, and still had no flex.  Any other Swan D1080 owners have this issue?  Anyone know why this might be happening?  I'm no audiophile so I can use some help.

My speakers are directly connected to the onboard sound card (ATI High Definition Audio Device).  I know I know I need to upgrade.  One thing at a time...

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Check your soundcard settings, check you dont have it set to 5.1 or 2.1, it's not called flex its called excursion the distance the cone travels, some manufactures give the maxuim excursion value check swans website or ask them, it seems weird your getting no excursion at high volumes you should get some at least a couple of mm you might have faulty speakers or blown them or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back