New Speakers Arrive!!
Mar 28, 2006 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

tkam

Headphoneus Supremus
Well my new Tyler Acoustic Linbrook Signature Monitors arrived today. Early impressions are very positive bass reproduction is superior in pretty much every regard compared to the GMA Europas. More impressions later but here some pics for now

tylersig001sm.jpg

tylersig002sm.jpg

tylersig003sm.jpg

tylersig004sm.jpg

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 38
They really need to put a drool smilie on here...
I am jealous and await your impressions...

edit: Can we see them with their covers on? pleeeeeeease....

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 38
Wow they look beautiful
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
edit: Can we see them with their covers on? pleeeeeeease....

LOL, sure I'll take some pics with the grilles on tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
Those are huge. Whats the stated frequency response?

Yep they are pretty large for a monitor 10(w) x 15(d) x 22(h) and the stated frequency response is 35hz-25khz.

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #7 of 38
mmmmmm. speaker **** is my faaavorite. those are beauts, too.

one question... are those velcro pads i see?
confused.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 38
tkman, those Tylers look great. I read a ton about Tyler Acoustics on Audiogon and Audio Asylum and also his web-site. A DIY speaker maker in the vein of some of the headamp makers around here...who gets great reviews for quality, price and service. Do please update us with sonic impressions. Easy to drive and tons of available finishes IIRC.

For those seeking specs:
http://www.tyleracoustics.com/specs.html

I also got some speakers recently, but went a different route (Totem Acoustics). I thought about the Tylers, and then really thought hard about a similar type of manufacturer, Reimer, but in the end, I have to have a floorstander (kids), but alas, the Reimers and Tylers were just too large.

I bet the bang for the buck with your Linbrook Sigs is huge...you did well. Enjoy.

P.S. For my Totem grills (to discourage inquisitive kids), they are also attached by velcro. Not optimal. Reimer uses a nifty magnet system, and the grill is wood-framed. From what I have read (have not listened), some of the 1-guy speaker operations do incredible work, use excellent components and implement well.

- walk

Mar 29, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #10 of 38
For some early impressions.....

The first thing that really struck me about their sound is the bass it goes very deep for a monitor and remains quick and powerful at all times. They also really excell at dynamics and transient attack.

They present a wide soundstage, literally seems to completely envelop my listening room. I've also been impressed by their ability to present fine detail it's done in a very natural and accurate manner.

Mar 29, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #15 of 38
man, those are pretty. are they 6.5" woofers? what are the tylers replacing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back