NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
May 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #3,376 of 4,019
Quote:
Should've updated over-the-air.

Yeah, I was going to update ota but the wifi disappeared from the z and even after a reboot it didn't show up.
Anyway, I let it discharge through the night and connected it to usb this morning. It looks like it will boot up into the new firmware once the battery gets enough charge.
I'll make sure to use ota update next time.

Thanks

May 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #3,378 of 4,019
after the upgrade, I noticed that the sound became louder and better! but I'm still testing!

May 10, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #3,379 of 4,019
Yeah, I was going to update ota but the wifi disappeared from the z and even after a reboot it didn't show up.
Anyway, I let it discharge through the night and connected it to usb this morning. It looks like it will boot up into the new firmware once the battery gets enough charge.
I'll make sure to use ota update next time.

Thanks

Like there's gonna be a next time :p

May 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3,382 of 4,019
The sound has changed but still I do not like, do not have enough volume, do you think buying a Japanese player - fix it?

May 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #3,383 of 4,019
Quote:
The sound has changed but still I do not like, do not have enough volume, do you think buying a Japanese player - fix it?

Yes, if you want to go that route.  The Z should sound more energetic and has better punch than the X.  

May 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #3,384 of 4,019
I tried to download the firmware but the link is broken.  Support would not give me the link without version number, went to check on player, then they disconnected.  Live chat went offline 
Tried a second time, technician would not give me a link..

Anyone have a mirror / can still download the firmware update?  I get a redirect error in all my browsers using Sony NA site.

EDIT:  I can download from Sony UK, rather not force a firmware from a different region (especially with the volume capping talks).

May 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #3,385 of 4,019
I still don't know why people  complain about capped volume, when my capped Eur Z provides more than satisfactory listening levels at less than 50% volume.

What do they expect, defenimg listening levels?

May 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #3,386 of 4,019
Quote:
I still don't know why people  complain about capped volume, when my capped Eur Z provides more than satisfactory listening levels at less than 50% volume.

I have a NA model, this sort of hindrance wasn't meant for me ( it was meant for you) 
size]

May 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #3,387 of 4,019
Quote:

Its the overall sound quality that is being affected by the capped volume.  The capped volume is plenty loud enough.

May 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #3,388 of 4,019
Can anyone please upload the NA ICS update?  Link is broken, after many hours and several technicians I get this:

11:07 PM   Jill - (C54P): 
Okay.
11:08 PM   Jill - (C54P): 
It seems that this issue can be fixed if our engineers release further information in this regard.
In order for them to release further information, it is required that you contact our telephone support team for documentation of this issue so that they can collect the details for research and release the required troubleshooting in the future.
 I will provide you their contact information.
11:08 PM   Customer: 
alright
11:09 PM   Jill - (C54P): 
They can be contacted at 239-768-7547.
11:09 PM   Jill - (C54P): 
The Hours of operation are:
Mon-Fri 8:00AM-12:00AM (Midnight) ET
Sat-Sun 9:00AM-8:00PM ET

So basically I will have to call and pray they will fix this, what kind of trash service is this?  
size]

May 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #3,389 of 4,019
Quote:
Can anyone please upload the NA ICS update?  Link is broken, after many hours and several technicians I get this:
So basically I will have to call and pray they will fix this, what kind of trash service is this?  
size]

While I can see how that's not the most convenient solution, but Sony has always been fast and helpful in my experience.

Also, what's wrong with doing an OTA update?

May 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #3,390 of 4,019
Quote:
While I can see how that's not the most convenient solution, but Sony has always been fast and helpful in my experience.

Also, what's wrong with doing an OTA update?

I've tried, unless I'm doing it wrong?

The first time I went into settings and updated, it brought me the latest GB.  The second time I tried updating it said device is up to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back