NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Sep 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #3,931 of 4,019
Sep 30, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #3,932 of 4,019
I've been keeping an eye on it, do you think A10 will come near Z1050 sound quality though? If it turns out the case I'll get one. Z1050 makes my F806 sound like what it is, a baby compared. But I still enjoy it.

I had the F806 and its gone while my z1070 is still with me.

I think the A10 it will be more open with better details, but with less power than the Z series.

I still love the prat factor from the Z.

Also being able to connect it thru HDMI and get a "TRUE" digital output is a big plus.

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #3,933 of 4,019
  I had the F806 and its gone while my z1070 is still with me.

I think the A10 it will be more open with better details, but with less power than the Z series.

I still love the prat factor from the Z.

Also being able to connect it thru HDMI and get a "TRUE" digital output is a big plus.

That's the greatest strength of the Z.  Sadly it is limited only with lossless b/c you can stream wireless content to the Z and hook it up to a DAC with HDMI input and have a really good transport system.  The ZX1 always run out of battery b/c you can't charge while output digital signal.  I expect the A1x to sound better tho given that it shares several parts with the ZX1 despite weaker output rating.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #3,935 of 4,019
  how is Sony's UI ? is it easy to manage and find your music without touch screen? 

how would you create a playlist/mix ?

The UI works, although the device seems underpowered in terms of RAM and processor... As long as I keep it as a music player and don't install too many android apps, it's fine... Lame, but the sound quality is at least to me very much worth it. The entire device is touch screen, don't know how you'd go about without it...

You can create a playlist while playing a song by pressing the options menu and selecting add to playlist, you can then add to an existing playlist or creating a new one.

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #3,936 of 4,019
Has anyone ever had thier NWZ-Z1050 battery replaced? I'm just wondering at the costs involved. If you've enquired about or know a figure please let me know.

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3,937 of 4,019
Has anyone ever had thier NWZ-Z1050 battery replaced? I'm just wondering at the costs involved. If you've enquired about or know a figure please let me know.

I know someone  in Brazil, he has been looking for one for almost a year ....all over the world!!!!!
blink.gif

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #3,938 of 4,019
  I know someone  in Brazil, he has been looking for one for almost a year ....all over the world!!!!!
blink.gif

I gather he has contacted Sony? I have sent off an email to Sony Australia, well their repairs center and waiting on a reply.

I hope they do reply, but I really think I"ll be looking at $200 AUD (just a guess) "if" they even respond.

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,939 of 4,019

I gather he has contacted Sony? I have sent off an email to Sony Australia, well their repairs center and waiting on a reply.

I hope they do reply, but I really think I"ll be looking at KWD57.70 ($200) AUD (just a guess) "if" they even respond.

Yes, and the reply is its not being supported anymore.

He even tried to find a Chinese duplicate.....still...

Please update me about your finding.

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #3,940 of 4,019

Yes, and the reply is its not being supported anymore.

He even tried to find a Chinese duplicate.....still...

Please update me about your finding.

I reckon that absolutely stinks! Here we have an excellent piece of technology, basically deemed as "disposable". One that could bring several years of happiness but its limited life span revolves around it's enclosed battery, a simple battery that now renders the product useless!

This is what I mean when I talk about companies using sealed battery devices. For example, if the Z1050 had an interchangeable battery there's be no problems it could continue to work for many years. I understand the entire " by the time the battery dies you'll have upgraded" but that's also entirely beside the point. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #3,941 of 4,019

I reckon that absolutely stinks! Here we have an excellent piece of technology, basically deemed as "disposable". One that could bring several years of happiness but its limited life span revolves around it's enclosed battery, a simple battery that now renders the product useless!

This is what I mean when I talk about companies using sealed battery devices. For example, if the Z1050 had an interchangeable battery there's be no problems it could continue to work for many years. I understand the entire " by the time the battery dies you'll have upgraded" but that's also entirely beside the point. 

I agree with you, but lets hope they come with a positive reply to you, as I also want to keep one aside just in case.

I still have my Teclast T51 (and I made sure to get an extra battery for it).

I talked to a friend who works in Sony Malaysia, and he informed me that this is all related to stock being updated and costing them too much too keep track of replacement parts and so on....LOGISTIC NIGHTMARE AS HE CALLED IT.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3,942 of 4,019
  I agree with you, but lets hope they come with a positive reply to you, as I also want to keep one aside just in case.

I still have my Teclast T51 (and I made sure to get an extra battery for it).

I talked to a friend who works in Sony Malaysia, and he informed me that this is all related to stock being updated and costing them too much too keep track of replacement parts and so on....LOGISTIC NIGHTMARE AS HE CALLED IT.

I've had a bit of a read of the thread. It appears everyone is in search for a battery which has the connector, pins and cable attached the battery ready to fit. I however have another idea, I think we can find a battery the same specs and dimensions 3.7v 1500mAh then providing you have the old battery you can soft solder those wires from the old battery onto the new batterys terminals.

I am going to look and see what I can find. I have opened the Z1050 gaining access to the battery which was very simple following some instructions.

Took all of about 2 minutes and another 60 seconds to remove the battery. No promises but possibly a work in progress. What we need is battery that fits in nicely.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #3,943 of 4,019

I've had a bit of a read of the thread. It appears everyone is in search for a battery which has the connector, pins and cable attached the battery ready to fit. I however have another idea, I think we can find a battery the same specs and dimensions 3.7v 1500mAh then providing you have the old battery you can soft solder those wires from the old battery onto the new batterys terminals.

I am going to look and see what I can find. I have opened the Z1050 gaining access to the battery which was very simple following some instructions.

Took all of about 2 minutes and another 60 seconds to remove the battery. No promises but possibly a work in progress. What we need is battery that fits in nicely.

I do remember finding batteries with the above specs , but all wont fit!
Good hunting
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #3,944 of 4,019
  I do remember finding batteries with the above specs , but all wont fit!
Good hunting
biggrin.gif

It doesn't have to fit perfectly, long as it fits in comfortably within the battery compartments dimensions, a spot of double sided tape will do the rest. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #3,945 of 4,019
Here's some photo's of inside and the battery dimensions.

The battery dimensions are:

4.2cm Wide
6.5cm Long
4mm Thick

The actual battery compartment in the housing could probably accommodate a couple mm more in the width and another mm in height.

I found one already but it's 4.5cm in width which is just 3mm too wide.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151427576310?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back